#11 Trapped Inside his Body

*Roll the music boys*😁

His blueish hued transparent hands slowly flaked away, vaporising into thin air. The world around him, ever so slightly fading in brightness every second. He watched helplessly with agony as his vision diminishes.

"No!" He repeatedly yelled in this ever growing darkness that consumes him. But nothing could hear him. He broke down on his knees, closing his eyes to hide himself from the disappearing world around him.

"Julien? Julien!" A voice echoed into the narrowing abyss. That was Doc's voice! He jumped up, looking in every direction, shouting back his name. There wasn't anything. The darkness inched closer towards him, swallowing him slowly as he uttered a goodbye, weeping.

Suddenly, bright light spawned rapidly into view. "Argh!" He yelled, closing his eyes from the blinding light, instinctively using his hand to cover it as well. Slowly, his eyelids opened up. The room was so bright and beautiful. While admiring the view of the bright room, he saw a familiar figure in the distance.

"I've been waiting for you" the figure smiled, his right hand reaching out for Julien.

Julien weeped, running towards what seemed like Doc. He finally felt at peace. Running over to Doc, the floor beneath him suddenly buckled, giving way. He fell right through it, surrounded by darkness yet again.

"No!" Julien yelled. A scene suddenly flashed before him. He was now lying in a bed.

"Julien when are you going to come back? I'm waiting" Doc said to Julien, his eyes filled with tears.

"What are you talking about I'm right here" he lamented, holding up his hand towards Doc. His hands quavered. Julien's hands were in that blueish transparent hue again.

Leaving the bed, he sees his own body lying right on the bed, unconscious. He tries to talk to Doc, but to no avail. However, Doc starts to tell stories to this seemingly unconscious body, not knowing Julien was there, listening.
___________________________________

When Doc was younger, he was like every other boy. He wanted these new flashy toys, he wanted new shoes, he wanted new stationary. But one day he told his parents something they never expected. "Mum can I have a boyfriend?" Young Doc asked. At the time, he was young, innocent. All he knew of the world was the simple nature of love. "Gustave" his mum crouches down, her faced seemed concerned, but angry at the same time. "You do not, and will not like men do you understand?" She lectured young Doc.

"It's a sin, you don't want to be a bad boy in God's eyes do you Gustave?" She continued. Doc was from a conservative Christian family, their views on things, always uptight. Doc  never questioned authority however, even following his parents to anti-gay protests sometimes.

"I left when I was 20" Doc said, holding Julien's hand. "It felt like it was the right thing to do after all"

Julien smiled at his last statement, but obviously Doc didn't know he could hear him.

"Julien please wake up, I don't know what I'll do without you" Doc held his arm tight, weeping silently into it.

"I love you too" Julien commented, saddened by his inability to help.
Lights flashed again, Julien closing his eyes yet again from the blinding light.

"Julien? Oh my god you are awake!" Doc's familiar voice ringed into his ears. Julien slowly opened his eyes. He looked at his hand, it wasn't blueish this time.
"Doc?" He sheepishly asked. "Yes my love, I'm right here" he replied, his face filled with joy at his awakened partner.

"I have so much to tell you about" Julien commented slowly, his hand reaching for Doc's face. "So do I" his lover replied, their lips interlocking in a deep kiss.

Rook was finally back, at last.

A/N: Doc's story applies, sadly, to someone in this world😥