#7 Chat in the Park

Sunlight shines into the windows, casting perfect shadows on the floor. Still tired from the day before, the pair were still laying in bed, sound asleep.

"Briiiing briiiing" possibly the most annoying sound in human existence travelled all corners of the room.

"Fucking alarms~" Rook groaned, slamming the snooze button on the alarm clock, awaking the man in his embrace. Doc yawned, stretching his legs and hands outwards. His body still aching from yesterday's fast paced action.

"Bonjour" Rook flirted his lover, in a sexy deep voice, as if he was flirting with him. Doc turned around in bed, facing him, barely inches apart.

"You fucked me real good yesterday, my body still hurts" he chuckled. Rook rose from the bed, sliding his arms below his lover, lifting him to the bathroom to wash up. Every aspect of Rook was so charming to him.

"Can we go for a walk in the park today?" Rook questioned, donning a jacket. It was a little cold outside, but there was plenty of sunlight nevertheless.

"Whatever you say captain" Doc walked out of the bathroom, slightly limping.

"Oh- Your body ache... Let's just stay here then" Rook realised, turning around. He felt guilty that he made Doc like this. "No its fine, I know you want to take a walk, let's just go" Doc replied, still trying to adjust to his aching body, while wearing a beanie. Doc often rather feel the pain himself, especially for his lover. After all, he could easily diagnose himself if anything went wrong.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air, Rook exhaled, forming a mini cloud in front of his mouth. It disappears almost instantly. He looks toward the sky, muttering some inaudible words, before smiling. They were in the park.

"Gustave" Rook looked towards Doc, continuing his sentence. "what happens if one of us falls during a mission?" he asked, semi-curious. Doc was rather surprised at that question, not knowing how to reply.

"It wouldn't... it wouldn't happen" Doc responded hesitantly, turning his face away from Rook. Although one could often imagine their own death, they could hardly imagine their loved ones passing away right in front of them, their soul seemingly evaporating into thin air even though the body stays warm. Its just too cruel to watch.

"Darling you should know well that there are inherent risks involved in missions" Rook said concernedly, taking hold of Doc's hands.

"I know... but i'm not going to let it happen. Never" Doc replied, determined. He continued, "I waited a decade for someone to come into my life, living like a person with non-existent feelings. No one is taking you away from me. Who are they to destroy hopes and dreams? Who are they to instill fear into the society? Who are they to take away the ones i love? I'm putting a bullet through their head if they dare touch you."

Rook's eyes widened. Doc never spoke like this before. Bringing him into his embrace, Rook replied with a comforting tone "I've been wanting to know your true feelings"

"Thanks for listening to my rant" Doc said, looking up into Rook's eyes. Doc's slightly shorter stature makes it all the more lovelier.

"Anytime" he replied.

A/N: 🤔🤔🤔