FIFTEEN

Lexi's POV

"Corey and Bobby are picking us up, and I didn't tell them you were coming with." Kian mentioned to me as we walked hand in hand through the airport towards the baggage claim. 

"Kian! Why didn't you??" I asked, playfully hitting him with my free hand. 

"Because! I wanted it to be a surprise!" He laughed. 

"So no one knows?" I clarified, looking at all the suitcases go around, and around, and around.

"Nope." He answered, popping the 'p'. He let go of my hand once our suitcases had shown up, and we walked towards the entrance of the airport. Kian pulled his phone out of his pocket, then shortly after returned it to that same spot. 

"They're at the very beginning of the departures area, so they'll see us in a minute or so." Kian smiled, as he once again took my hand in his. I watched cars drive by and stop but not any cars that I recognized until I saw Bobby's jeep pull up to the curb in front of us, and two car doors open almost immediately.

"Lexi, what are you doing here?" Corey asked as we hugged each other. He let go of me and I hugged Bobby. The two of them looked at me, waiting for my answer. 

"I didn't want Kian to leave, so... I just came with him." I smiled, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well we're glad you did. It's definitely gonna be a surprise for Franny and Jc." Bobby said as he opened the trunk and Kian and I put our suitcases inside. The four of us got in the Jeep and caught up on each other's lives until we pulled into the familiar driveway. 

"Franny's home but Jc is out with Chelsey." Corey told me as we all climbed out of the car. 

"Fran's been texting me this morning asking why I didn't text her back." I explained smiling, as Kian and I took our suitcases out of the trunk. 

"Well she'll know in a few minutes. Stay out here by the front door and we'll get her to come open the door and see you." Bobby said excitedly, grabbing his vlog camera from the car before shutting the door and locking it. Corey, Bobby, and my boy went inside the house and I rolled my suitcase behind me and stopped a good ten feet from the front door. 

"Fran, where you at?" I heard Kian yell obnoxiously and then again a minute or so later. 

"There's someone outside who wants to talk to you." He said. I heard footsteps getting closer and louder by the second then the door knob turned and the door swung open. There in sweatpants and a crop top stood one of my best friends, her hand covering her mouth in shock. 

"Hi." I smiled, practically running towards her as we collided into a tight embrace. 

"No wonder you didn't text me, you were on a plane!" She laughed, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. 

"I missed you so much oh my god!" I exclaimed, grabbing her face, causing her to giggle before hugging me again. 

"This is crazy..." She sighed, as I noticed Bobby standing in the doorway, his camera pointed at us. 

"Bob! You got that on camera?" Franny asked him as the two of us walked inside with him. 

"Yep!" He smiled, shutting it off and closing the door behind him. 

"How long are you staying?" Franny asked, once we'd all made ourselves at home in the kitchen.

"I don't know..." I shrugged. 

"Never?" Kian asked, a cheesy smile on his face. 

"I wish." I nodded, smiling back at my boyfriend. 

"What do you guys wanna-" Bobby was asking the group until my phone started to ring. I walked over to my phone that was on the couch and saw 'Erika' and panic instantly fell over me. I stepped outside into the backyard and answered the call. 

"Hello?" I held my breath. 

"Hey, um where are you?" I heard my "best friend" ask through her phone.

"I'm with Kian." I simply answered, hoping she wouldn't ask more, but I knew she would.

"Oh... I was wondering if I could borrow your MacBook charger?" I was relieved when she changed the subject but knew I couldn't lie about my location for who knows how long I'll be here. 

"It's with me... sorry." I stated awkwardly, looking down into the pool at the crystal clear blue water. 

"Why would you need your Mac if you're with Kian?" She obliviously asked. 

"Because I'm in LA." I answered before she could ask any more questions. I didn't have the patience to play twenty questions with her right now.

"What?!" She screeched. 

"It was last minute, well actually not really since I had to buy the ticket in advance, but-" I rambled.

"So you just decided to pack up some things and... leave??" I could tell she was getting upset by the shrill tone of her voice.

"Yeah. I did. And if that's a problem, deal with it." I sighed. 

"Deal with it?" She scoffed. "I can't pay for rent on my own, you know that right? And I have a social life too, well, at least more than you do." She said blatantly. 

"Oooh, we have a Miss Popular girl... what's so great about that Erika?" I asked, letting everything out that I've held in the past few weeks. 

"It's wonderful... I never have to worry about being lonely unlike someone I know." She laughed. 

"No. That's not it. Is it because you feel that insecure about yourself that you feel the need to spread your legs for every guy you meet and every guy in school? So that you never feel unwanted?" I asked. The line was silent.

"I have to go." I heard her say quietly before hanging up. 

"Bitch..." I shook my head, slipping my phone in my pocket and going back inside.

---A/N---

yikes, sorry it took so long to update 

i had no wifi this weekend and also had prom

:)