TWENTY-SIX

Lexi's POV

I stepped out of the elevator and started to walk down the hall. It was weird to be back. I texted Erika to tell her that I was coming but she never answered. I stopped in front of apartment 32B and put the key in. 

"You've got this," I told myself, and took a deep breath in before opening the door. Everything seemed to be the same as when I left a few months ago. I shut the door behind me and as I took off my shoes, Erika walked into the kitchen. 

"Oh, hey." She said. 

"Hi." I responded. "I just came to get some stuff." I quietly said. She nodded in response. I walked around the corner to my room and got a little sad when I saw it. My bed was unmade, clothes still in the laundry basket, and a mug that was still holding old coffee. It was like time stopped when I left. I walked to my closet and pulled out my suitcases. 

About an hour later I'd packed most of my clothes. I sighed as I zipped the suitcase and pushed it out into the living room. I grabbed my remaining shoes from the hall closet. Erika was only about twenty feet away, sitting at the table drinking tea. 

"Erika?" I broke the silence, causing her to look at me. 

"I'm sorry. About this whole thing." I sighed, 

"It's okay, but I should be the one apologizing. I messed everything up. I'm sorry." She said, putting her mug down on the table. 

"Friends?" I half-smiled. She stood up and we walked towards each other. 

"Friends." She answered as we hugged. I didn't realize how badly I'd missed my best friend. 

"I'm assuming you're moving out?" She asked, as we let go of each other. 

"Just going back to LA for a bit, then I'll be back. I think it's the best choice for right now." I nodded. 

"Yeah I get that." She smiled. "So you and Kian..." 

"We're good." I nodded, smiling.

"Do you wanna just stay tonight? I mean if you don't have to be somewhere." She asked me. 

"I'd love to. I'm heading back to LA tomorrow at seven in the morning." I answered. 

"I'll drop you off at the airport so you don't have to leave your car in long term parking." She said. 

"Thank you." I answered. 

"I saw the video. You guys are engaged." She excitedly said. "Congrats!" 

"Yeah we are." I grinned. 

FLASHBACK

"Babe can I talk to you for a second?" Kian whispered in my ear as the others continued the video.

"Yeah." I smiled, as we walked away, standing near the house so we could talk in private, but probably still visible in the video. He grabbed my hands, holding them tightly, before taking a deep breath in.

"You know, I don't know what I would do without you. You're the person who knows me inside and out, forwards and backwards, you know so much that you could probably write an entire book on me." He said, causing me to smile.

"That's true..." I smiled, thinking how Kian is the person who also knows me the most.

"You're my best friend, my girlfriend, and my rock. You're so passionate about everything you do, whether it's with school or your dreams. You are the most understanding, quick-witted, and brilliant person I know, and not to mention absolutely drop-dead gorgeous." He said, looking at me, his eyes completely lit up with admiration, passion, I'm not sure. He let go of my hands, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box, now dropping to one knee.

"Kian..." I said quietly, tearing up, my hands instinctively covering my mouth. I heard the others stop talking, followed by gasps and quiet comments.

"What I'm trying to say is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and make memories with you that I can't make with anybody else. I couldn't wait any longer to ask you, and I thought, why not make this birthday memorable? Lexi, will you marry me?" He asked, and by now I was crying.

"Yes, of course, yes." I said, putting my hand out as he slid the sparkling ring on my finger and stood up, followed by a chorus of clapping and cheering.

"I love you so much babygirl." He said, his arms tightly around my waist.

"I love you more Kian." I said, pulling away and closing the space between us.

END OF FLASHBACK

I smiled, thinking about the day Kian proposed. 

"Tell me everything." Erika said, interrupting my thoughts. 

"Well... I do have something else to tell you, but no one besides Lilli and Kian know, so you can't tell anyone. Ok?" I said nervously. It's not that I didn't trust Erika with this secret, but I don't want anyone, and I mean ANYONE, else to know right now. 

"I won't. Promise." She held up her pinky, and I wrapped my pinky around hers. 

"I'm pregnant." I quietly said, with a smile. Erika's jaw dropped slightly as she stared at me in disbelief. 

"Actually? You're pregnant?" She asked me, and I saw her tearing up. 

"Yeah..." I nodded, trying not to cry too. If Erika cries, I cry. It's always been that way. She hugged me tightly. 

"Please let me plan the baby shower." She smiled, causing me to laugh. 

"Of course you will. You'll have to help me pick out a wedding dress too. Gosh... I missed you." I smiled. 

"I missed you so much too. But what do you say we get pizza and watch the Bachelor tonight?" Erika asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me. 

---A/N---

SORRY FOR TAKING AGES TO WRITE THAT CHAPTER BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON

I WROTE IT OUT ON PAPER AND THEN I LOST THE PAPER FOR LIKE 4 MONTHS AND I FINALLY FOUND IT SO I TYPED IT UP REAL QUICK AND BOOM 

HERE WE ARE

LEXI:)