NINETEEN

Lexi's POV

We'd all just gotten home from going out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and now, the engagement, and it was now close to eight o'clock. Everyone had invited a ton of friends to the dinner, causing us to take up almost half of the Italian restaurant, and now everyone was coming over to the house. I went upstairs and went to my mom's contact on my phone and pressed the call symbol.

"Hey hon." She answered. 

"Hi mom." I said, already smiling. 

"What's up? You don't usually call me unless it's important." She said, sounding somewhat concerned. 

"Well it is important, but it's good news not bad." I said. 

"Okay..." She said, wanting me to continue. 

"I'm not sure what you will think though." I said, hoping she would be happy, not upset.

"Just tell me already." She said, excitement in the tone of her voice. 

"Kian proposed to me." I said, the words coming out almost too fast. There was silence on the line for a moment.

"Oh sweetie that's wonderful! I'm so happy for you!" She said.

"I am too!" I said, trying to contain my excitement.

"Maybe your brother and father and I will fly down to have dinner with you guys." She said spontaneously. 

"Oh, um, I don't think that would be a good idea, but Kian and I could fly to see you guys...?" I suggested, before thinking about it first. 

"Okay that sounds great, when do you wanna come?" She asked. 

"On Saturday?" I thought, since the concert was tomorrow, Friday, and we'd be in the city anyways on Saturday and the airport is right there.

"Okay! I can't wait!" She exclaimed happily.

"Me neither!" I said, as Kian walked into my room, shutting the door behind him. 

"I love you, see you soon!" She said.

"Love you too, bye." I said, hanging up. I sighed, looking at Kian.

"What?" He asked, obviously amused. 

"I have to go my parent's house on Saturday... and you're coming too." I said, nervous of his answer.

"Okay." He said, smiling. 

"We need to book a flight and figure out when-" I was saying until Kian cut me off.

"Let's just have fun tonight, okay? We'll deal with all that tomorrow."  He said, kissing my forehead before pulling me out of the room. We could hear the loud music as we made our way down the hall and downstairs. The house was full of familiar faces dancing and drinking and whatnot. 

"It's time to make a toast!" Jc called out, getting everyone's attention. He handed Kian a drink and then handed one to me, while he handed out drinks to everyone else- which I realized was champagne. 

"I'll start off by saying something." Kian said smiling, everyone's eyes on us. 

"I'm gonna keep this short... if it weren't for Jc's idea to do the contest, I wouldn't have met this amazing girl. I don't know who I'd be today if you weren't here and I couldn't be happier. I love you so much and I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine. Here's to another year around the sun and many more years to come." He smiled, everyone clapping as he gave me a quick kiss.

"Thank you babe." I said to him.

"Alright my turn." Franny said, as I smiled at her. 

"I expected a new acquaintance out of this whole situation, but I never expected such a close friend to come out of it. We've grown close and I'm so thankful to have you. You'll forever be someone I trust with my secrets and everything else. May this year bring happiness and successes; happy birthday girl." She smiled. Many people wanted to say something so around twenty minutes later, we finally finished. 

"To Lexi and to the newly engaged couple." Jc said, as we all lifted our cups and continued to party and drink the rest of the night. 

3:28 am 

"Happy birthday and congrats again, and I'll see you at the concert tomorrow!" Corinna said, giving me a hug.

"Aw thanks, see you tomorrow!" I said, hugging her back as we let go and she went out the door. Out of all of Kian and Jc's friends that came, Corinna and I really got along, so much that we exchanged numbers. Only a few people remained, but they were either playing beer pong outside with Jc or passed out somewhere. 

"I think it's time we go to bed." Kian slurred, grabbing my hand as he pulled me upstairs, both of us too drunk. We went to Kian's room and I changed into one of his t-shirts that was so big that I didn't bother putting on shorts to bed. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and was about to go crawl into Kian's bed when all the alcohol suddenly caught up to me, resulting in me kneeling over the toilet. I felt Kian's hands as he crouched down next to me, holding my hair and rubbing my back. After throwing up multiple times, I rinsed my mouth out and followed Kian to his bed. I pulled my ring off my finger, gently placing it on the nightstand next to me. 

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Kian." I said, as I curled myself up to his bare chest, his arms snaking around me and pulling me as close as possible. 

"I don't know what I would do without you either. And I can't wait to call you my gorgeous wife." He whispered back. 

"I can't wait to marry Kian Lawley." I whispered, smiling at the thought.

"I love you." He whispered at a barely audible level, leaving a kiss on my head. 

"I love you more." I whispered back, letting the darkness take over us. 

---A/N---

<3