EIGHTEEN

Lexi's POV

I pulled the straightener through my hair as I hummed along to the song currently playing from my phone. I unplugged the heated hair tool and shut off the bathroom light, walking downstairs. 

"Do you know where Kian went?" I asked Jc, who was sitting at the island drinking coffee, as I opened the fridge looking for something to drink.

"No, he didn't tell me." He answered.

"We were gonna go to this little café for lunch and we're supposed to be there soon." I said, closing the fridge. 

"Which one are you going to?" He asked, just as Corey walked down the stairs. 

"Tiago Coffee Bar & Kitchen." I answered, checking my phone to see if Kian had texted me, just to see that he hadn't.

"Oh man, that place is so good." Corey commented, grabbing the tv remote and sitting down comfortably on the couch. 

"Yeah, well hopefully I get to go if Kian gets here anytime soon." I laughed, going back upstairs to grab my shoes and purse. I went into my room and put on my nude heels, about to leave the room but stopped in front of the mirror. I decided on a black lacy romper- something simple for brunch. I grabbed my clutch and put my phone inside of it, before making sure my hair was still holding the curls, and left my room. I walked back downstairs to see Kian standing in the kitchen. 

"Hey beautiful." He smiled, walking over to me and giving me a quick kiss. 

"Get a room." Jc said, a disgusted look on his face. 

"We're leaving anyways." Kian said, intertwining his hand in mine as we walked out the door. We walked across the driveway to his car and got in. 

"Where'd you go this morning?" I asked, purely out of curiosity. 

"I had to go to the Apple store cause my phone was acting up." He explained. 

"Good thing it's working now cause we wouldn't be able to talk for a while once I go home." I smiled. 

"That's why I did it this morning." He agreed. We just talked the rest of the ride to the café which was only fifteen minutes from the house. We got out of the car and walked into the restaurant, and picked a table outside. We enjoyed our brunch, talking and laughing about the stupidest things, planning for the concert tomorrow, until finally we were ready to leave. It was now around 2:30 as we made our way to the car. Kian seemed nervous about something but I wasn't sure what it was. I was just about to ask Kian if he was okay when I got a phone call from Bobby.

"Hey birthday girl." He said when I answered.

"Hey Bobby. What's up?" I smiled. 

"We're filming a video, are you guys almost home?" He asked.

"Yeah, just a minute away." I answered. 

"Okay good! Just come outside when you get here." He said. 

"Alright, see you in a few!" I said, just as Kian turned down the street.

"Ok, bye." He said, hanging up. 

"What did Bobby call for?" Kian asked me. 

"He wants us to go to the backyard when we get home cause they're all filming. Even though he didn't say what they were filming." I told him, a little confused. 

"Hm. Okay then." He said. We got home and went inside, Kian following behind me.

"Hey look who's finally back!" Franny said, as everyone was sitting in front of the camera, which I assume was already recording. I saw Bobby look in Kian's direction and nod slightly, but I just brushed it off. Kian and I sat down with everyone, I sitting between Kian and Jc, and took part in the video, where we all took turns spilling confessions about ourselves. If we didn't want to confess something, we had to do a dare. 

"Babe can I talk to you for a second?" Kian whispered in my ear as the others continued the video. 

"Yeah." I smiled, as we walked away, standing near the house so we could talk in private, but probably still visible in the video. He grabbed my hands, holding them tightly, before taking a deep breath in. 

"You know, I don't know what I would do without you. You're the person who knows me inside and out, forwards and backwards, you know so much that you could probably write an entire book on me." He said, causing me to smile. 

"That's true..." I smiled, thinking how Kian is the person who also knows me the most. 

"You're my best friend, my girlfriend, and my rock. You're so passionate about everything you do, whether it's with school or your dreams. You are the most understanding, quick-witted, and brilliant person I know, and not to mention absolutely drop-dead gorgeous." He said, looking at me, his eyes completely lit up with admiration, passion, I'm not sure. He let go of my hands, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box, now dropping to one knee. 

"Kian..." I said quietly, tearing up, my hands instinctively covering my mouth. I heard the others stop talking, followed by gasps and quiet comments. 

"What I'm trying to say is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and make memories with you that I can't make with anybody else. I couldn't wait any longer to ask you, and I thought, why not make this birthday memorable? Lexi, will you marry me?" He asked, and by now I was crying. 

"Yes, of course, yes." I said, putting my hand out as he slid the sparkling ring on my finger and stood up, followed by a chorus of clapping and cheering. 

"I love you so much babygirl." He said, his arms tightly around my waist.

"I love you more Kian." I said, pulling away and closing the space between us. 

---A/N---

proposal chapters r hard to write but ugh

the feels

-lex