Lockers and Lookouts

A/N: Hiiii minions. Ready for the second chapter? Hopefully you are! This chapter includes a POV from Addelyn! (But don't worry, I'm gonna start off as Becca) Also, I'm going to be introducing a new character too! Curtesy of my character contest and Ashley (aka secretbeauty_ ). She is an AMAZING character. :D Ok, well gotta run. Need to start writing already.

LOAF YOU DOUGH MUCH, (<--- For those Peeta fans out there XD )

Scotti

____________________________

Chapter 2: Lockers and Lookouts

*✐*✐*✐*

    I slide my journal into my canvas backpack and loop it onto my shoulder, feeling giddy. I'm finally finished with my story. It's locked up in my journal for safe keeping, just in case, when I'm older, I feel the yearning to publish it.

    I rush onto the school bus and find my journal again, just to make sure it's still safe. I squeeze the cover protectivley, running my hands along the worn in material. It's my favorite journal, I've had it since sixth grade. It's navy blue and patterned with red fish and turquoise flowers. It's stuffed full of loose leaf papers of poems or drawings, and filled to the brim with scraps of small quotes and such. It's used and loved, the best part about it.

    "Hi." I hear a small voice.

    "Hey, Julie," I reply, giving her a weak smile. I'm still slightly annoyed with her and Trudy.

    "Did you finish your story yet? I remember you saying it was almost done," Julie asks, uncertainly, like I'm about to jump out and bite her.

    "Yep. I finished it last night," I explain. More like this morning. I stayed up until three a'clock, typing away on my laptop.

    "Can I read the last few chapters? I already read the beginning couple," Julie gives her head a tilt. I pat the bus seat next to me and hand her the journal.

    "Go ahead." For the rest of the bus ride, Julie has engulfed herself in my story. She won't look up, even when I speak to her. She has the desperate look in her eye, the look she always does when she wants to finish something good. I smile smugly. Once we reach Hayword Street, Julie looks up.

    "This seems kind of..." she trails off, her voice distant. My mind wrack frantically. It's not like I wrote something bad, did I?

    "What?" I ask, too quickly. Julie furrows her brow, twiddling her thumbs nervously.

    "It's nothing, really. I guess...it just seems like you based it all off of our lives since seventh grade," Julie ponders. I sit up sharply.

    "You can tell?" I question, leaning forward with my elbows on my thighs. Julie slides back a little, probably afraid I'm going to yell at her.

    "Well, I'm pretty sure, so far, anyone who has been in our lives since seventh would easily be able to tell. It's even in the title," Julie explains.

    "Oh, well. It's not like I'm going to publish it now."

Quick A/N: Hey! Haha, so I sorta layed the whole "Becca's not publishing it now" idea on thick. I just wanted to get that through your heads.  Next up is Addelyn's POV! Get excited! *P.S. Introducing Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Thorne, brought and made to you BYYYYY: secretbeauty_