Chapter 7

A/N: Hey! So this has nothing to do with the story, but did you guys see those pictures of Niall in Spain? Oh my gosh. Beautiful. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! I can't believe I'm over 400 reads. It's insanity. Oh, and I finally have an idea of where the story is headed, so I'm gonna change the description from a quote from a song to an actual description. Finally. Okay. I'm gonna write now. Hopefully it isn't awful! (:

Oh, and this chapter is dedicated to Josh Devine, One Direction's drummer! Happy 21st birthday<3

Stella's POV

One look at Harry and my heart jumped out of my chest. I needed to calm down. I had only known him for a day!  One day. How could my life change so much in such a short amount of time?

"Stella," he starts and looks down.

"I know that I don't mean anyth-"

"Will you come with me? Please?" he begs, looking straight into my eyes. I bet he knew that his eyes are my weakness. I could get lost in those things.

"Why should I?" I manage, trying to stay strong.

"Stel, would you just go?" Anna says from behind me. I glare at her and she motions to the door.

"Fine," I say to Harry, looking at my feet. He smiles and takes my hand. I pull away quickly and walk out the door. He leads me down a few blocks in silence. A deafining silence. I've always hated the quiet. My mind wanders when it's quiet, and that's never a good thing. I daydreamed about Harry leading me all the way to Paris and taking me up to the top of the Eifel Tower, where the rest of One Direction was waiting. He sat me down and the band sang More Than This to me, Harry's eyes never leaving mine. Then, he kneeled down on one knee and proposed. Of course, I said yes, and then suddenly I was in a hospital room, holding a little baby girl.

"You're going to be such a great mother," Harry whispers to me, kissing my cheek. The scene changes again, and I'm on a porch swing. I look down at my wrinkly hand intertwined with someone's, and look up to find that it's Harry.

"We did it, Stella, we grew old together. I knew our love would last," he tells me.

"Oh, Harry," I say.

"Yeah?" real world Harry says, pulling me out of my dream land. I blush as I realize that I had just said it out loud.

"Um, nothing," I reply quickly. How could I think of all that stuff? I swear I'm mental.

"Well, we're here," he tells me pointing to a resturaunt on the left. We walk inside and up two flights of stairs. He opens the door and we walk onto the roof. There's one table set in the middle. He brings me to it and we sit down.

"How did you do this?" I ask curiously.

"A family friend owns this resturaunt," he says with a slight smile.

"Why did you do this?" I ask, emphasizing the 'Why'.

"Stella, I need to explain why I said what I said at the interview," he starts off. I nod slowly.

"First, you need to know that last night was amazing. I've just met you and you've already made me feel...so different than I ever have before. I've never felt this way about a girl before, to be honest. I know that's really weird, since we've just met, but it's the truth. And because I feel this way, I don't want you to deal with all of the hate that would come if I told the world that there's something else going on between us. I don't want you to be bombarded on the streets because of it, and have problems going out in public. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. And I know I should have said something to you before the interview, but I'm an idiot, and I messed up. And I'm sorry," he finishes.

There goes my face again. My jaw was completely dropped, and a slight smile of relief started to form, making Harry smile, too.

"So...I'm not crazy for having feelings for you after a day?" I ask. I mean, if he feels the same way, why avoid the topic? He chuckles.

"If you are, then I guess I am, too."

"It works for me. Normal people are boring anyways," I say with a grin. I look to the door to see a waitress coming towards us. She looked about my age, and was eyeing Harry. I know we're not 'dating' or anything, but at that moment, all I wanted to do was push her off the roof. Of course, the fact that she was gorgeous made me dislike her more. Her super-long perfectly straight blonde hair was, well, perfect, and her bright blue eyes sparkled. She was super skinny, too. It is not fair that people can just be born without flaws.

"Hi! Are you ready to order?" she asks Harry flirtatiously. Could you even ask someone to order something flirtatiously? She somehow did.

"Urm, yeah, I'll have the Classic Burger," Harry says, oblivious.

"And to drink?" she asks, sticking her chest out. It took all I had not to gag.

"Just water, thanks," Harry orders, looking away. The waitress smiles and tries to start a conversation with Harry.

"You forgot to take her order," he points out. The girl rolls her eyes and reluctantly turns to me, giving me a dirty look.

"I'll have water and a chicken cesar salad, please," I order quickly.

"Yeah, whatever," she says, and goes back to Harry. She pushes his napkin off the table, pretty obviously on puropse.

"Oh! I'm sooooooo sorry! Heres another," she says, handing him a napkin with writing on it. She winks at him. I look closer at the napkin. What do you know? It was her number!

"Sorry, I'm not hungry anymore," Harry says suddenly, "Come on Stella." He grabs my hand and walks out of the resturaunt.

"What was the big deal? I mean, I know it was obnoxious and rude, but-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Did you see what the napkin said?" he asks.

"Yeah, it had her number on it," I say, looking down at his hand with the crumpled up napkin in it. He throws it in a garbage can we pass.

"It was pathetic, and ridiculous. And the way she treated you? I can't stand people like that," he says, calmer now.

"Same. Its just sad," I reply, happy to know that he wasn't attracted to her.

"Well, that kind of messed up the night," he says, "But I guess we can skip to part two of my plan."

"What's that?" I ask.

"A surprise," he says with a wink as he flags down a taxi. We hop in and Harry whispers our destination to the driver. I sigh. I guess he was serious about keeping this a secret.

That's all I have time to write tonight. Sorry it was short! I'll try to get the next part up tomorrow, but no promises. I hate that I'm so busy, because I could sit here and write for hours. Okaay, weelll I hope you liked it! (:

Anndd don't forget to:

Comment

Vote

Share

Fan me

<3