Chapter 14

A/N: Hi! Okaay, so I finally got my laptop, so I'll be updating way more! Yay! I mean, ya know, if everything goes well. It's still my plan to finish writing before I start school, but I doubt it'll actually work out like that. SO, you should fan @Nattie1D and read her story To Infinity and Beyond, because shes amazing and I love her. SO DO IT. Alrigghty, well I'm gonna write now! I hope you like it! (:

Stella's POV

I pulled away from Harry's embrace to see him looking extremely worried. Did he think I couldn't do it?

"Harry? What's-" I start to ask, but he cuts me off.

"We have to go. Right now," he says, grabbing my hand and leading me inside a building a little way down the block. When we finally entered, he relaxed.

"What was that?" I ask in confusion. He holds his head in his hands and rubs his eyes together, swiftly moving them to his hair and pulling hard, letting out an aggrivated moan.

"Harry?" I whisper, barely audible. I had never seen him like this. He takes a few deep breaths to compose himself before looking up at me with sad eyes.

"Stella, I'm so sorry," he says.

"For what?" 

"I heard a camera click when we were kissing, but thought imagining it. But then as we hugged, I heard it again, then again. I-I think..." he says, hurt in his voice. It takes me a minute to realize why he is upset, but when I do, the color drains from my face.

"Oh no," I mumble. Great, just great. Not only would we most likely be followed everywhere for the rest of the weekend, but I would also become hated by millions of teen girls. Let the death threats begin.

"I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am," he says, grabbing my hand lightly.

"Harry, don't be sorry, it's not your fault. You can't control any of that. I mean, it was about time we go public anyways, right?" I say, "And, when you think about it, they don't even know my name, so what are they gonna do, tweet mean things about 'Mystery girl'? It's gonna be fine." He nods slowly but I can tell he has his doubts.

"We need to get to your auditon. Come on, up these stairs," he tells me, leading the way. When we get up, we enter a narrow hallway with a few empty folding chairs along the wall. There's one door to the left, and I could hear people talking inside. I look down the hallway to see a man sitting at a table. Harry walks towards him, and I follow. 

"Auditioning?" the man asks, barely looking up from his phone. 

"Yup," Harry replies, and the man hands him a clipboard and paper.

"Fill this out and go into the room on the left when they call you. Bring this and your headshot with you inside," he says, "Oh, and I'm assuming you're Stella, since you're the only one left on the list that hasn't shown."

"Um, yeah, that's me," I tell him. He nods and we walk over to the folding chairs. I start to fill out the papers as Harry digs through his bag. After a minute, he pulls out my headshot from when I was like 16.

"How did you find that?!" I ask him in shock.

"What, you don't think Anna didn't know about this, do you? She got it for me!" he tells me. I roll my eyes and go back to my paperwork. I finish it just in time for a girl to exit the room and say, "Are you Stella? You're next," in my general direction. Harry walks right inside, where there are two men and a woman sitting at a table, and a man at a piano. I follow quickly behind.

"Hi, Harry, nice to see you," one man says. Harry smiles and replies, "Nice to see you too!" He turns to me and says, "I'll be out here," pointing to the hallway, and leaves. Once he closes the door, I take a deep breath to try to clear my mind. As if I needed even more stress, it suddenly hit me that I was actually audiioning for a Broadway show, and I was terrified.

"Hello, there, uh..." the woman says, looking at my papers, "Stella."

"Hi," I say, trying not to sound as nervous as I actually was.

"Alright, well step over to the piano, do you know 'Think of Me'?" she asks. I quickly move to the piano and reply, "Yes! It's one of my favorite songs!" She smies.

"Well, please sing it," she tells me. The pianist looks to me, and I nod to let him know I'm ready. I start to sing:

"Think of me, think of me fondlyWhen we've said goodbyeRemember me once in a whilePlease promise me, you'll try..."

I sing the rest and once I've finished, I feel pretty good about it. I know that song as well as I know my own name, so I was pretty prepared.

"Okay, thank you, can you please read this?" the man says, holding out a script. There's 5 lines of dialogue higlighted for me to read from, and the man and I read back and forth. I don't feel as confident about them, because you could hear the shakiness in my voice, but hopefully they didn't notice.

"Thanks, we'll call to let you know if you've gotten a callback in the next day, since you were our last audition. Have a good day," the man who hasn't spoken yet tells me.

"Thanks so much," I tell them, and exit. As soon as I enter the hallway, Harry picks me up and spins me around, making me giggle. He puts me down and kisses my lips lightly.

"I didn't know you could sing that well!" he tells me. I blush.

"It wasn't that great, and really I've never thought I was really good," I tell him honestly. 

"Stella, you've got to be kidding me! It was amazing! I'd be surprised if you didn't get a callback!" he tells me. I roll my eyes.

"I'd be surprised if I DID get one!" 

"You're ridiculous," he says, "Now come on, I have a hotel room booked, we're gonna go freshen up and then I have dinner reservations to celebrate!" I smile and ask, "How did I ever get lucky enough to be dating you?" as we walked down the stairs and to the door.

"I'm the lucky one," he tells me as he opens the door. When it opens, we're face to face with tons of men with cameras. It was like the coffee shop amped up.

"See? You're not lucky to have me. I mess everything up," he says under his breath. We both stare wide eyed at the throng of people in front of us.

A/N I'm sorry, I'm working on longer updates. I have issues with time. Love you all though! Read mine and @Ally_Style's1D 's story, I Should Have Kissed You. It's on her account! I hope you guys liked this parrt! Let me know what you think! Oh, and look up 'Think of Me' because its a super pretty song.

Okaay, well thats it! Pleasee,

Comment, Vote, Fan me, and share! <3