Chapter 18

A/N I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED. I've been so busy. I'm not kidding. I literally got 3 hours and 45 minutes of sleep the other night because I had so much homework. ANYWAYZ. Um so the story looses so many reads every update. Like I dont know what I'm doing wrong. But it makes me feel really awful. SOOO. I'm trying to think of a way to get the story more known, soo if you wanted to give me any ideas, I'd love you forever. ALSO. Everyone stop reading this for like 2 seconds and go fan @thatsnotawkward. It's not fanfiction but she's seriously like the best writer on the history of the world, and she does not have enough reads for someone with her talent. Alrighty, well here's an update for ya! (:

Harry's POV

It's officially been 10 days. 10 days without Stella. I've been an absolute mess, to say the least. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle it. The boys have tried their best to help, but nothing has been cheering me up. I just feel...empty. There's nothing there anymore.

"Any news?" a kind voice asks. I turn around to see Stella's mother, Alice, who had been staying in the hospital with me since the second day. She had blue-grey eyes that sparkled with happiness and brown hair with specks of grey scattered throughout it. She hardly looked like Stella at all, and I never would have guessed that they were related. 

"Nothing," I reply drearily. She sighs heavily. I look down in shame and run my hand through my hair. It was all my fault that her daughter was laying lifeless in a hospital bed. She seems to read my mind and comes to sit next to me on the unfomcortable waiting room couch.

"I don't blame you," she says softly. I shake my head forcefully. 

"I was the one driving. It was my fault," I tell her, a tear single tear falling from my eye. I wiped it away quickly. 

"Harry," she says, patting my back, "Did you want to be hit by a drunk driver? Did you want this to happen? Did you do it on purpose?"

"Of course not!" I say, shocked that she would ask. The corners of her mouth lift into a slight smile.

"Then why would you be to blame?"

"I....I," I start, trying to think of a reason. "I just am!"

"You're really not, and I promise, when she comes back, she won't think that you are either," she tells me warmly. I remove my gaze from the floor and look up at her.

"You really think she's gonna come back?" I ask.

"I know she's going to come back," she replies.

"How?" I question.

"There's some things in life we just know. I can feel it, Harry. It's like how you know that you love Stella. There's no proof out there that you do, nothing written or scientific or anything. But you know it's true, don't you? And how? You feel it in your heart," she answers me. I stare at her for a long while. And then,  I started crying, right in front of her. She wraps her arms around me without a word, and lets me be. Finally, when I've calmed down, I tell her, "Thank you so much, Mrs. Turner. Stella is so lucky to have you."

"I was just going to say the same about you."

And, at that moment, for the first time in a long time, I smile. A real, genuine, smile. And she smiles right back.

"Excuse me?" I man says from the waiting room door behind us. I recognise the voice as the doctor's. 

"Yes?" I say, turning around.

"Someone is allowed to have a 15 minute visit with Stella," he replies.

"Go ahead," I tell Alice, but she furiously shakes her head.

"I think you need to see her,: she tells me.

"But I got to see her last time," I object, but she doesn't budge.

"Go," she tells me sternly. 

"Okay," I sigh, "But next time, you get to go."

"Fair enough," she says with a smile and signals for me to follow the doctor. I get up and move through the hallway behind him. This scene was much too familliar, and leaving was always the hardest. I just wish that sometime, I'll be able to leave happily. 

When we enter the room, the doctor points to his watch.

"Fifteen minutes. Please, don't fight us this time."

"Okay," I reply, just wanting him to leave so I could be alone with her. He takes the hint and walks out of the room. I kneeled down beside her bed and took her limp, lifeless hand in mine.

"Hey," I say to her. "You know, you still look beautiful, even in a hospital gown. You know, if you were awake right now, you'd blush all cute and tell me to stop it, and say that you weren't pretty. But you really, really are. You're perfect." I smile slightly at the thought of this happening.

"You don't know you're beautiful," I quote my song with a chuckle. Suddenly, I get the desire to sing to her. It's the one thing I haven't done so far. I shrug and go for it. 

"You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or..."

I continued the rest of the song, and finally got to the Na-nas. I wasnt sure if I should keep singing my solo. I was scared of the memories that it would bring me. I didnt want to relive that night. But, I push on, a tear slipping down my face as I sing.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else,

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,

But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell," I swear, I feel her move just a bit. Maybe I'm imagining it.

"You don't know," I sing slowly, and I know for sure she's just lightly squeezed my hand. It wasn't fake, I could feel it. My heart starts pounding out of my chest. I take a deep, shaky breath and finish.

"You don't know you're beautiful."

Her eyes fluttered open.

This time, she heard the end.

jcfwpqmiqwm Hellaa sappy and unrealistic ending! Ya know. (:

I knooow this was super short! Sorry! Again, no timee ): I'll try to update ASAP. And please, keep reading! I don't like losing reads!

Let me know what you thought!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!!!

Looooooveeeee you all!!!<3