Chapter 1-The Introduction

I am not really sure how to start this off, but...

HI, I'm Peyton Westscott. I am seventeen years old and I am five foot, seven. I have long, dark brown hair with blue-dyed ends and some ol' big brown eyes (I know interesting right!).

I go to Blaunding Dale High School, which is apparently the "most prestigious" high school in the United States.

Which in my opinion, is a bunch of bull. Honestly, half the kids that attend my school are only there because their daddies have enough money to put them through school twice.

Anyways, let me introduce you to something, or someone a bit more interesting; as some of the girls would say.

Asher Brooks, my front-door neighbor, my mother's best friend's son, my thorn in my side since the moment we locked eyes at the age of three. Well I'll admit, he is a looker.

He has light blue eyes with darker blue flecks in them and messy blond hair. Tall, about six foot, one. He has this evil grin when he is up to something that will get him in trouble.

The girls at school swoon when Asher walks by, but I really don't understand why. Underneath the looks is a selfish, pain in the ass, immature boy.

I know what you must be thinking, NO, I am NOT in love with him; nor do I have the slightest bit of a crush on him. I know him so well because I have known for too long.

Anyone in their right mind would have either transferred to another school or strangled him already. Which trust me, I have. The transferring, not the strangling.

He takes education too lightly, which honestly scares me for his future. I work hard to get my grades, so that I get into a good college.

I know, I know. NERD!

But it's true, I want to be successful in life and earn it. I am not going to become a house wife that awaits their husband to cook his meals and cleans his clothes.

All I'm saying is that I am not going to wait for 'My Prince Charming', to come and sweep me off my feet, for my life to begin. But I am pretty sure half, if not most, of the girls at school hope that is exactly what is going to happen to them...

"Peyton, Peyton. PPEEYYTTONN!!"

"WHAT!" I groan from upstairs covering my head under the sheets.

"You have twenty minutes to get ready or else you will be late for your first day back." I hear my mother scream.

I jump out from my cozy covers that are screaming for me to get back in. I run towards my closet and nearly trip over a pile of dirty clothes.

Man, I should really clean up in here. There are dirty socks hanging from my lamp, old notebooks and past assignments on my desk and the books on my massive bookshelf could be organized in a better way.

From my closet, I grab my thin cream-coloured blouse with the tie, my school blazer, my plaid uniform skirt and my knee-high socks. I slip off my silk pyjamas and throw on my uniform. I take my houndstooth designed sneakers and slip them on my feet on my way out of my room. I take my school bag and sling it over my shoulder as I pretty much slide down the stairs on my ass. At the same time, I try to gather my hair and tie it in a side braid.

At the bottom of the stairs, my mother is tapping her shiny black heels on the white marble floor with her arms crossed.

"Honestly Peyton, how are you the way you are at school?"

"I know. It's a mystery to me too." I say sarcastically and lift my hands up and shrug.

I see her looking at me with a glare and I give her my smart-ass smile which I know annoys her. She slowly shakes her head and turns around swaying her sleek brown ponytail to take her purse and car keys.

People tell me that I am a spitting image of my mother. Honestly, I don't see it. I guess physically; definitely yes but, definitely not personality wise. She is so graceful and organized and I am, well... the complete opposite.

I get up from the floor and fix myself. My mother walks toward the front door and I can hear her heels click-clacking on the floor. I smirk and shake my head.

I walk out of my house and step onto the pavement of my front yard. I look towards the sky and take a deep, long breath.

Suddenly, I hear someone calling my name.

"Hey Westscott!" I lower my head to see Asher waving at me.

I simply roll my eyes. "Hey" I groan.

"Hope we are in the same classes." He says.

"Hope not." I reply.

***

Hey my lovelies!
So this much seem confusing to you guys but I'm changing things up a bit. I think that my chapter are too long which only makes everyone lose interest. Also, it takes a lot time to just write one chapter and I become tired to do it too. So I'm cutting each original chapter in half.
Anyways, for those that are new here...
Hi! I'm Rita (or geminixbitch) and this is the first chapter of The Brain and The Brawn.
Please comment and/or vote if you enjoyed it.
Until next time, ta-ta for now.
xoxo