Chapter 11-A Night Out

Here I am sitting in front of my front door, dumbfounded. It's only the first day of school, and already a lot of shit has happened. I shake my head getting me out of my thoughts.

I finally stand back up and walk towards the kitchen. I pull out a bar stool from the island and sit on it. I pull out the books from my bag and open them up. I heave a sigh and start to finish up the little homework I have.

***

After doing my homework I walk towards the fridge and pull out some baby carrots and ranch. I sit back down on my seat and open up my phone revealing a text from Asher.

-Asher: Hey sugarlips. Problem, the movies are closed cuz of some lice problem or something like that.

-Me: Yikes! Wait, how did you get my number?

-Asher: I have my ways. ;)

-Me: You do realize that makes you sound creepier than you are? Btw.

-Asher: Does it look like I care? Anyways, I was thinking we could go to Sidney's Super Park?

-Me: Wow, I haven't been there since I was little.

-Asher: Ya same, which is why I thought it would be a good idea. It's like the last few days before it closes for the fall and winter.

-Me: I guess we could go.

-Asher: Great, I will pick you up at 5.

I look to the top of my phone screen and see 4:37. Oh shit! I barely have twenty minutes to get dressed and ready.

I jump off from the barstool and put the baby carrots and ranch container back in the fridge and put the dirty plate in the sink. I quickly take a sponge and scrubs off the residue of the ranch and rinse it again. I ran up the stairs and walk into my bedroom.

I hurtle over dirty laundry and make my way to my closet. I switch on the light revealing all the clothes that are on their hangers neatly. I look through tops and sweaters and finally find my favourite teal scalloped halter top that looks great with my hair.

Next I look through my pants and find my ripped baggy jeans. I fall to the floor trying to look for my white vans. I move my arm through the gap between the floor and my hangers with my pants. I poke my head through and I spot them within an instant. I grab for them and plop them next to me.

"Is it going to be cold at night?" I ask myself. I look up and look through my sweaters.

"Hey Alexa." I call out.

"Hello Peyton, how may I assist you?"

"How's the weather like tonight?"

"Hmm...Let me check." says the voice. "Its going to be 13 degrees."

"Great. Thanks Alexa." I say before looking back to my closet. I stand back up and look through my sweaters again. I pull out my black sweater with two white lines around each arm.

I pull off my uniform and pull on my clothes. I slip into my vans and tie my sweater around my hips. "Now. Let's do something about this hair." I remove the elastic from my hair and shake the braid unfree. I divide my hair in three parts and refix my side braid. I pull some short strands of hair to frame my face and went to look in my full-length mirror.