Chapter 4-The Bathroom Stall

"Miss Westscott and Mr. Brooks, you both seem too interested in talking to each other than listening to what I have been speaking to the class about. Would you like to share to the class what is so interesting that made you two not stop talking?" Miss Knottin asks rhetorically.

"I... Ummm... He..." I started to speak but no real words were coming out, I was just saying a bunch of sounds which did not help the situation.

The class started to laugh at me and I felt the big lump in my throat continue to grow bigger and bigger and bigger until I could not hold it back.

"Miss, may I go to the washroom?" I say in the smallest voice possible.

The teacher excuses me and I run out of the class. I felt tears coming to my eyes, I tried to hold them back until I could hide in one of the bathroom stalls. My tears were blurring my vision, thankfully the washrooms on the third floor were not too far, I push the bathroom door with so much anger that the door knob on the other side bangs against the wall loudly. The noise startles me, making me jump and almost choking on my tears. I go to an empty stall and let it all out.

As I open my eyes to see the walls of the stall, I see black Sharpie writings.

There are hearts with initials in the middle like L. W. + A. B., which is obviously Lindsey Williams and Asher Brooks.

I start to look at all the markings and it's all of different girls in the school with the same guy's name.

Every. Single. Time.

How can girls be so dumb to be "head over heels" in love with Asher. Okay, he is very good looking but beneath that is a shallow, untrustworthy idiot.

Beauty is only skin-deep.

Do not even get me started on what just happened.

Asher just sat there like a freaking bump on a log, he could have defended me; he could have apologized that it was all his fault. He did it on purpose to get me in trouble. I can not believe him, I hate him, I HATE ASHER BROOKS.

I have never hated someone with such a passion. The next time he comes up to me or even tries to talk to me, I am going to literally hit him across the face.

Asher Brooks is going to pay for all the times he has pissed me off or made me cry.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that every single memory with Asher has always ended up with me crying. I know, I hold grudges for things that were so long ago, but that's who I am.

I was playing in the sand when we went on vacation to the Bahamas with the Brooks family.

I used to be obsessed with building sandcastles with the help of the sandcastle stencils but every time I would come back from the ocean, to get some water to clean myself off, the castles would be just a big pile of sand.

Finally, I figured out that it was Asher the whole time, so I decided to get my revenge.

During our stay at the resort, I decided to embarrass him in front of the rest of the tourists.

We were at the side of the pool, which was packed with a lot of families, where I decided to walk behind Asher. When I thought the time was right, I yanked at his swim trunks and they instantly fell down.

I could not stop laughing, but Asher thought it wasn't funny. He ran to my mother and told what I had just done and when his mother herd, she bursted out laughing.

While my mother, on the other hand, gave me the evil eye knowing that as soon as we would get back into the hotel room, I would get a spanking.

Hey, it was so worth it though, even if I wasn't allowed to go anywhere without my mother for the rest of the vacation and the spanking I got was worse than I anticipated it to be.

I also remember the day of the Halloween Dance in fifth grade, my mom made me a Little Red Riding Hood costume by hand. It took my mom two weeks to make the costume and I was completely over the moon when it was finished. My mom is an amazing sewer, even though she does not do it for a living I think she would have became a clothes designer had she not been a web designer.

Anyways, Asher was jealous that everyone was complimenting my costume instead of his werewolf costume.

He decided that it would be a great idea to make his friends take grape juice boxes and "accidentally" spill it all over my dress.

Asher stood there laughing and yet no one saw what happened because: one, no students would tell since the girls were in love with him and the boys looked up to him; and two, the teachers were busy socializing with one another.

When I had arrived home that day, I cried and ran to my mother. I felt so bad that day, I felt like it was all my fault.

I don't know, I was like 10. Sue me.

My mother held me until I stopped crying. Then she took some vinegar, laundry detergent and rubbing alcohol and took the stain right out.

Even though it was good as new and it was so long ago, I still hate Asher for doing that and multiple other things. This is the last time he does this to me.

Asher's POV
I felt bad for Peyton.

She ran out of the class faster than you can say Speedy González and she had tears in her eyes before she even left. I didn't even mean to get her in trouble.

That's it, I decided to speak up.

"Umm, Miss Knottin" I start to say and wait until she turns away from the board.

"I'm sorry for disrupting you during the lesson. I was the one talking. I distracted Peyton from the lesson for a pencil, but then I saw I had one all along so I was giving it back. It was all my fault. Don't blame Peyton. Blame me."

The teacher just simply nods her head. "Well Mr. Brooks, thank you for telling me the truth. That was very... well... unlike you."

Miss Knottin turns back to the blackboard, but then turns toward the class. "Mr. Brooks, please pack up your books and move towards the desk in the back, where Bianca is sitting. Bianca please take your books and move to Asher's former seat."

Great, now I have to sit all the way in the back, too far from Westscott. Is this what I get for being honest?!

***

Hello my lovelies!
What do you guys think? Any ideas, any questions, whatever.
Please comment and/or vote if you enjoyed the chapter!
Until next time, ta-ta for now!
xoxo