Chapter 24-A Talk With The Principal

"PEYTON!" my mother yells from downstairs.

"WHAT?!" I yell from upstairs.

"You've got twenty minutes! Hurry up and get dressed!"

Why does it feel like I've already gone through this? Deja vu much?!

I get out of bed and quickly pull the sheets over.

I walk over my mountain of dirty clothes and pull the hanger with my already prepared uniform off my door.

I walk into the bathroom and slip off my pjs.

I put on my blouse and roll the sleeves to the elbows and slide into my skirt leaving my blouse untucked and the two top buttons undone.

I slip my nude nylons and then my Dr. Martens.

I pull my hair into a high ponytail and pull some strands out onto the side of my face.

I walk back out and down the stairs to see my mother pacing through the hallway.

"Good morning, mama" I give a her little squeeze and skip towards the kitchen.

"Why are you in such a good mood?" she asks me skeptically.

I shrug "I don't know, I guess I woke up on the right side of the bed today." I pull open the fridge and take the orange juice and a glass.

I sip quickly and place the empty glass in the sink before putting back the juice.

I swipe mom's car keys from the counter and lob them to her.

"MORGAN! Get your ass downstairs! I don't want to be late because of you!" I yell towards the stairs.

"Well then, I'll take my sweet time just to make you late!" Morgan comes stomping down the stairs, giving me the deadliest glare ever.

"Someone's in a bad mood!" I whisper.

"Someone's gonna get a black eye if she doesn't shut her mouth! Can you guess who?" she replies.

"I'm gonna wait outside." I slip through the front door.

Ding!

I look down at my phone and smirk.

-Asher: Good morning, gorgeous. ❤️

I reply quickly and hit send.

-Me: Good morning to you too, handsome.

Ding!

But this time it wasn't my phone. I look up and see Asher leaning on his car.

He looks up towards me and gives me his famous two finger salute.

"Need a ride to school?"

"Umm... I think I'm good. My mom's gonna bring me."

"What's that?" my mom asks as she locks the door behind her.