Chapter 2-A Pencil To Lend

I see Asher get into his blue sports car and drive off at full speed. I make a small prayer, " Please God, Do Not let him be in my class. PLEASE." I walk towards my mom's black convertible.

Unfortunately my little sister Morgan is already there.

"Hey Airhead. What took you so long? Couldn't find where you last put your brain." The little twerp starts snickering while chewing on her gum.

I laugh sarcastically and say "Well, well, well. I see someone has been brushing up on their reading of 'Comebacks for Dummies'." I lean on the ledge of the car and look at her straight in the eyes.

"Ya... Well... Umm..." She starts to reply but has got nothing.

"Should I run back in the house and fetch you the book. Cuz you're clearly having trouble coming up with something else to say on your own."

Now, I am the one snickering. I open the car door and get in. I position the mirror so that I am able to see my little twelve year old shrimp of a sister swiping off some invisible lint off her pants.

Morgie is one of those sisters that you love to pieces, but does anything in their power to get on your last nerve. I study my sister and I see her two neat brown braids fall from both her shoulders. Her brown eyes are different from mine, hers seem bigger and brighter.

My sister is a little tomboy, yet she loves pink. She is a HUGE baseball fan. Even when I go and see her play, she blows me away how she can throw strikes so naturally. I wish I was able to play like my sister. I play for fun, not because I am good.

I was so focused on studying my sister that I jumped out of my seat when I heard the front door of our house close.

My parents are near the front door with their bags-my dad is a lawyer while my mother is a web designer.

They give each other a peck on the lips and as if on cue, my sister and I let out an "ew". I smirk and find it funny how our minds think alike.

My mother walks toward the car and rolls her eyes. "One day, you will get married and your children will be saying the same thing." She replies and opens the driver's side door.

"No Mommy, she's the one getting married... to ASHER!!" The twerp finally decides to open her mouth.

I quickly turn around and reply "Let's get two things straight. IF I end up marrying Asher, which is very unlikely, at least I will have someone. You, on the other hand, would end up living in that eyesore of pink that you call a room for the rest of your life. And two, I would NEVER, under any circumstances, marry Asher. Not if, we were the last two people on Earth and human life depended on us to save it."

I let out a deep breath after my vent and turn back to face the front of the car.

"HEY, my room isn't an eyesore." I hear Morgan say.

"I beg to differ." I respond.

"ENOUGH!" my mother screams "It's tiring; on and on, it never ends. Can't you guys go one day without arguing about something?" By now my mother's eyes are about to pop out of their sockets, which is kind of terrifying.

"Sorry" Morgie and I mumble.

I lower my head to the bottom of the car and watch my feet fidget. I hear my mother take a breath and puts the gear in reverse. As we back out of the driveway, I see my father laughing silently near his car. I glare at him, but I can't hold it back so I giggle silently. I turn back and rest my head on the headrest.