Chapter 22-The Couch

"How are you feeling?" he feels my forehead with his lips, cradling my head in his big hands.

"Okay, I guess." I shrug.

"You don't seem to have a fever." he responds.

"Cuz I don't. I'm not actually sick."

"Then why'd you say you weren't feeling well?" he crosses his arms.

"Cuz I have my period!" I sigh and look at him dumbly "I didn't want to tell you that!"

"Oh. Are you in... pain?" he asks.

"No, I'm fine for now. But could we do something else than talk about my cycle, please?"

"Well. Do you want to watch a movie?" he asks me.

"I guess."

"I was thinking of doing a little Mamma Mia marathon?" he stretches one arm over the back of the couch as he faces me.

"But I haven't bought the DVD for the second one yet." I say matter of factly.

Asher reaches behind him and pulls out a DVD case "But I did." His smile spreads to me and I'm left smiling as well.

"I thought you weren't into mushy shit?" I pull my arms over my chest and knit my brows together.

"Ya, but you do. So I'll be a champ and push my way through it." he sounds like he's all proud of himself.

I chuck a little throw pillow at him and reply "You're so weird."

He dodges the blow and sticks his tongue at me "Missed me."

"What are you? Five?!" I look at him pointedly.

"What are you? My mother?!" he replies in a squeaky high pitched voice.

"Just shut up. Let's just watch the movie." I quickly run upstairs and grab the original movie.

I head back downstairs and slide the CD into the DVD player.

Soon enough, we are lounging on the couch listening to ABBA and watching Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfriend and others on the big screen.

"You want ice cream?" I ask.

"Nah. I'm good" he says shaking his head.

"Do you want anything?" I look at him.

"I want to watch the movie with you in peace!" he exclaims. He stretches his arm over my shoulder and scoots me closer to him.

I squirm, trying to remove his arm from around me, but he tightens his arm around me "I like it like this."

"Well I don't." I say back.

"Would you like it better if I did this?" he questions me, arching his right brow.

"Did what?"