Chapter 16-The Spooner

"Thanks for driving us and for paying for the ice cream." I say while getting out of the car.

"Sure thing."

"Well, bye. C'mon Morgan."

"Bye Morgster." Asher says, fist bumping my sister.

So now, it's like they have become best friends within a few minutes.

We don't even step in and Morgan already decides to bust my chops. Does this child not have anything better to do?

"Didn't you enjoy today, cuz I sure did." she snickers to me.

"Sure." I grumble "Having all the girls surround me and breathe down my neck while I was trying to have my ice cream was just so pleasurable."

"We all think you guys would make a cute couple." she says approvingly.

"Oh well it's a shame that I don't value yours or the other girls' opinions." I respond to her, smiling.

"Whatever, I'm going to my room to watch Netflix or something."

"I don't care what you do." I reply while sitting myself on the couch and turning on the tv.

***

Tap-Tap! Screech!

I must have fallen asleep on the couch because when I look out at the windows, it's somewhat dark outside. Which doesn't make the situation of hearing a creepy noise outside any better.

My dad is probably still at the law firm trying to fix whatever happened or on his way back. My mother is out with her dumb Book Club; so in reality it's only me and Morgan, who is probably blasting crappy music into her headphones or already sleeping.

Scratch that; it's only me.

I get up and head towards the kitchen to find something sharp, like a knife. However, I don't know where my mother hides the knifes, so I go for the next best thing; a big wooden spoon.

Ya, I know what you're all thinking. It was already laying on the island so I grabbed it by fluke.

Tap-tap!

I jump when I hear the noise again and I try to hear where it's coming from. I think I hear it coming from the dining hall.

I quietly tiptoe to the dining room and scope out the surroundings.

Nothing's there.

Tap-tap! Screech!

There it is again! But it's not coming from a room, it's coming from outside.

I walk to the window with my heart in my throat. I hide behind the curtains and when I built up enough courage I jump in front of the window.

"Aha! Gotcha motherf..." I start to say but stop suddenly.

Laughter. Laughter is all that I hear.

I'm a complete and total fool.

Outside stands a wheezing Asher who should be scared to get his ass spanked with a wooden spoon.

I open the window and stick half of my body outwards.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I ask.

"Trying to catch my breathe." he says still laughing from the recent events.

"No, you Shit-for-Brains. I mean, why are you outside my window!" my temper is already increasing by the second.

"I was trying to see if you were awake or not." he says.

Deep breathes, Peyton, deep breathes.

In... Out...

"There's a device called a PHONE!" I nearly scream.

"Ya, my phone's dead, so this was the next best thing. But, one question. Why the hell are you holding a spoon?" he asks pointing to my weapon of choice.

"Because it was the only thing laying around that I could grab quickly."

"So, what were you going to do? Spoon the burglar!" he starts to laugh again "Although I don't mind if you do that to me."

"Ya, okay. It's been nice, but I'm going to bed." I say, slowly sliding the window shut.

"Good night, bella." he winks.

I gag at the new nickname he gave me and I make sure he saw what I just did.

I walk back to the living room and grab my phone before I head upstairs. My phones lights up and I check the time.

10:30 p.m.

This boy really had nothing better to do.

Suddenly my phone vibrates showing a text message.

-Asher: Are you going to the party with your parents tomorrow?

-Me: Ya. You?

-Asher: Yup, got dragged into working the coat check. Was wondering if you wanted to help or at least talk to me so that I don't get bored out of my mind.

-Me: Sure. There's nothing better to do at that stupid dinner party. But I thought you said your phone was dead?

No reply.

That little weasel.

I walk up the stairs and shake my head laughing.

***

Hello, my lovelies!
Hope you liked this chapter.
Did you get scared when you heard a noise? Or did you know it was Asher?
Comment and/or vote if you found the chapter funny.
Until next time, ta-ta for now!
xoxo