Chapter 10: The Announcement

Sorry about the lateness of this chapter, i've come down with the flu so i'm like dying, but i just got the need to continue writing and i ended up with this!!! i hope you all enjoy!

This chapter takes place the day after the last chapter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mornings were always a rush to Izuku, he usually slept in so he would have to get up and cram in breakfast, exercising, teeth brushing, getting dressed and getting to school all in the span of an hour or so. But this particular morning he was in more of a rush, he barely had anytime to talk to his mother or do anything he was just in such a rush.

Once he had finally gotten himself done he left home and ran all the way down to the train station, this was usually the hardest part as the U.A uniform wasn't really built for extreme running. By the time he reached the station he was panting and red faced, once he was at his platform he was bent over with his hands on his knees, breathing heavily.

"Are you alright Izuku?" asked Todoroki's voice, coming from behind him. Izuku let out a quick yelp before hurriedly spinning around to greet his friend.

"Oh i-i'm fine" said Izuku, wiping some sweat from his forehead, "I-i just woke up a b-bit...late today" he said through all the panting.

Todoroki laughed slightly and nodded. Todoroki was extremely happy to see Izuku as he usually never got to catch Izuku while he was at the station, Todoroki was usually at school before Izuku, but today he too was late. A vigorous training session from his father the night before left him extremely tired and sore, making him a bit slower to get to school. 

"So why are you here Shouto? you're usually never this late" asked Izuku

"I had extreme training yesterday so i'm extremely tired" sighed Todoroki as he rubbed his ribcage, which was slightly bruised from the day before.

"Oh..." said Izuku, his brow quickly furrowing. There was a bit of an awkward silence before the train finally arrived.

"Ah the train's finally arrived" said Izuku as he got onto the train, Todoroki joined him. The two boys spent the majority of the train ride discussing upcoming school events and exams. They also were worried they were going to be late for homeroom, usually resulting in a detention. But luckily enough by the time they arrived homeroom hadn't started. They walked to their lockers and changed their shoes and got their things for homeroom.

By the time they arrived to class most everyone was already there, just all crowded around individual tables having their own conversations, Izuku was about to join in on a talk with Kirishima and Denki before Aizawa rolled into the room.

"Good morning Aizawa-sensei" said the class in sync as they all hurried to their seats

"mmm...morning" he groaned.

"Today we're starting off a bit differently" started Aizawa once he had folded away his sleeping bag. "As you know, a week from now is the U.A student showcase"

"The showcase? a week?! we didn't know about that?" yelled Iida, wildly flapping his arms around.

"Sensei you didn't tell us that!" said Asui

"Well...now you know. The showcase is-like the sports festival- where the students get to show the world what U.A has taught them and how they strive to become heroes. And there's always the usual event people love. The doubles combat."

"Doubles combat?" asked Ojirou

"Oh i've heard of that" said Momo, "It's when we're organised into pairs and we have to fight in a battle against simulation robots. It requires for you and your teammate to coordinate and try to use both your quirks to your advantage"

"Exactly" said Aizawa, "So in this hat i will draw out to names, the two names i pick out will be the pairs". Aizawa pulled out a tattered top hat and poured a few paper cut out names and shook the hat.

"Uraraka and Yaoyorozu" he said as the two girls looked to eachother and smile. 

"Thats a good pair, they'll effectively be able to coordinate with eachother due to their friendship and their quirks combined could be pretty effective if used properly" mumbled Izuku to himself. 

"Asui and Hagakure" 

"Iida and Kirishima"

"Kaminari and Sato" 

Aizawa continued to read out the pairs, most of them seemed to go effectively together.

"Todoroki and Izuku" he read

Both Todoroki's and Izuku's hearts both did a synchronised jump. The two both turned to each other and smiled. This is what the two of them secretly wanted, to be able to fight alongside each other again, like with stain. 

"Now, you've all got special permission to use the U.A training facility areas to practice your combat with each other so feel free to come whenever you like, it doesn't close" said Aizawa

And so the morning continued as normal, Izuku spent most of his lesson planning how he and Todoroki could combine their quirks to create the maximum battle move until lunch finally rolled around. The class all went in a group down to the cafeteria and sat together. Most of them were all talking in their pairs and how they can properly combine their strength.

Iida was already getting to strategy, he manically moved his arms around as he and Kirishima planned their style. Basically everyone was planning what they were going to do all lunch.

"We could train after school if you want to?" asked Izuku, suddenly turning to Todoroki.

"Yeah okay, i'll most likely be able to" said Shouto

The rest of the day went about as normal, until it was finally time to leave. Izuku and Todoroki went down to the change rooms together to get into their sports uniforms so they could go train. In the change rooms, Izuku couldn't help but peer at Todoroki as he slowly removed his shirt, he physically recoiled when he saw some of the burns and bruises on Todorokis body, but he chose to say nothing.

Their training went along perfectly, they both got along perfectly and knew exactly how they could use their quirks. They were just practising without a break. Izuku was hopping around and hitting dummy's as hard as he could while Todoroki was both freezing and blasting the dummy's at the same time.

"Shouto, should we practice it?" asked Izuku, while he was quickly panting and drinking his water rapidly.

"It? oh...you mean the power move?" he asked, "Sure, we better get it properly practised so we don't fuck it up at the showcase"

So the two boys spent nearly 4 hours fighting and training and practising, trying to perfect every single move, especially the power move. They knew that they had to completely ace this competition. Little did they know that this event would bring them much closer than they would come to expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, this chapter was a lot longer than i thought it was, yeah so start looking forward to the showcase in chapter 11, i can promise you all now it's going to be extremely wild.

Anyway i hope you enjoyed! sorry again for the lateness!

See you!

<3 <3 <3