Interrogation

Vanessa leaned back.

She inhaled deeply, staring at the cowboy, who simply narrowed his eyes at her. "Uh, MacCree, was it?"

"McCree. Mr McCree to you, filth." Jesse growled, folding his arms on his chest. "Yeah, whatever. I'm not calling you that." Vanessa scoffed. McCrees lips twitched, "this kind of disrespect, in my own jail cell. Huh." He tilted his head to the side. "How funny."

Vanessa rose and eyebrow, but her expression lead to the 'I don't care' kind of look.

Vanessa sighed and rolled her eyes, deciding to humor the cowboy. "What's so funny?"

"Humph. The fact that I know what yer doin'." McCree growled. "Your easy to predict, Vanessa. I don't need much experience as a criminal to snuff ones plan out." He crossed his arms over his chest. Vanessa had an amused smirk on her lips. "Please tell me Jesse, what am I planning?" She leaned forwards, pretending to be interested. "You wanna get closer to Angela. Ta kill her, you evil bastard. But, not with me around. Not. Even. Close, will you get to her." McCree took a step forward with each pause, and leaned towards Vanessa's face.

He was right. Not even close.

That wasn't her plan. She was amused by how confident he was; how he was trying to scare her. You could say she lost her senses a long time ago. Or, more of, they dulled. Her feelings were just a buzz in the back of her mind.

She was used to it.

No, the cowboy was wrong. That's not what she was trying to do. She was doing something else, for her own personal mission. She wanted to get what her good friend Sombra decided to hand over.

No one could know. She couldn't take any, any risks. No chances. Everything had to be perfect, everything had to go as it planned in her head. And she never planned on whoever Sombra gave the information too, to have it.

"—And another thing! You-," The bickering Jesse was interrupted by the door behind him slamming open. Four eyes wandered over to see the towering man that was Reinhardt Wilhelm. Vanessa growled quietly, leaning back. That buzz started to grow louder.

"Rein?" McCree asked, a puzzled look on his face. "I'll take it from here, McCree." Erin stepped into the light. He was wearing a tank top with military boots and camo pants. A scowl adorned his face. McCree glanced at Vanessa, but nodded. "Go easy. Save some for me." McCree teased, playfully clapping Reinhardts back.

Once the door clicked, Rein stayed silent, his arms folded across his chest. Vanessa looked straight into his eyes, refusing to back down from his own intimidating stare.

"Never thought I'd see you again." He said lowly, a growly, unhappy voice. "I'm not too thrilled to see you either, old man." Vanessa spat quietly.

He was silent again before saying, "I never said I wasn't happy."

Vanessa huffed, narrowing her eyes. "Well you shouldn't be." She hissed. "I work for Talon. I go against your morals. Shouldn't you be screaming at me? Yelling, pounding your fist into me? Shouldn't I be dead by now?!" Vanessa shuffled in her seat, huffing again, her voice rising with each statement and question. She inhaled sharply, trying to not let the very presence of the large man ruin her composure. Reinhardt's frown got deeper.

"Your mother-"

"Don't even start." Vanessa warned. "She's not here. Don't mention her."

Reinhardt stared down at Vanessa glumly. "I can't believe I see you again. Look, Vanessa, I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I'm sorry I couldn't—"

"You couldn't what?" Vanessa snapped. "You couldn't help me? You couldn't help me stray from the path I chose? Are you sorry you didn't even TRY to help me when that-that...WRETCHED t-town tried to drown me? When they betrayed an orphan? Is that what your sorry about?" She leaned back, sighing. "Too late, old man. Soon enough Overwatch will be destroyed and I will see too it." Vanessa said in a low, threatening voice. "Why don't you just leave?" She whispered, looking away, secretly wanting him to stay. She missed her old friend. She had come to terms knowing he'd be killed. Just like the rest of them.

Reinhardt sighed, unfolding his arms. "If you wish." He turned towards the door. "I'm glad I saw you again." Rein walked towards the exit, and left.

Vanessa growled to herself, closing her eyes. She needed to calm down. This wasn't her plan. She didn't plan on the big oaf to see her. Talk to her.

He was the only person that ever made her feel something positive.

And boy, did she hate it.

He'd be the first. The first to go down.