31 imperishable

Last chance is last chance, he knew she meant it when he left the bus not far from the building she as woking at, the crowd huge as usual. He stopped at the bus stop watching the people who were passing him, has any of them found what they all have been looking for.

It took time till Lucas moved walking to the building then up to the cafe straight to the table where him and Jungwoo have been sitting months ago.

"Lucasy puppies need milk," he heard the so know soft voice in his head and smiled to himself relaxing a bit.

"Come with me!" he heard Stacy, she was nervous so he jumped up.

She led him around the cafe to an empty corridor on the back of the building.

"Let's make it quick," she said stretching her hand out.

He took the envelope out handing it to her, she opened it briefly then closed it hiding it in her pants pocket.

"Don't you want to count?" asked Lucas looking at her, her face was red her hair a little messy.

"I trust you ok," she whispered.

"You trust me? Yes?" he asked with irony.

"Stop!" she inhaled sharply. "I want you to erase my number and never contact me again, ok," her jaw trembled.

"Stacy," he begged coming closer lying his fingertips on her cheek but she pushed his hand off.

"We had a deal remember."

"It could work out," he muttered with his head down.

"It's an illusion you believe because... because it was good when we were," she leaned against the wall trying her best to not to break out in tears.

"Will you give it one more..."

"No!" she raised her voice.

"Why?"

"Do you remember the story you have told me, about the glass unicorns?" she asked while his stomach flipped dangerously.

"I came back to you, I worked my ass off on night shifts for you to get your money back!" he nearly yelled.

"Was it for me?" she asked calmer than he had expected although the tears were running down her cheeks.

He felt like hit, all air stopping in his lungs.

Was it, of course, what could he? He had brought the freaking money back, he hasn't laid down the rich chick, he hasn't been hooking up with anyone for something that felt like ages now. He always loved sex, he needed it like crazy, it's not that he stopped needing it, it was just...

"The glass unicorns," he whispered feeling something that had hurt him much.

He looked up at her cried out face, she was so beautiful, he has had a crush on a girl for the very first time and she was so sweet to him, so caring so nice, it really could have worked out between them, but it couldn't. Not because of him or her, his needing, his past or any other girl.

He suddenly felt a tear leaving his eye he washed off quickly but another came and he lowered his head letting his hair fall into his forehead.

"You don't get it."

"I do," she whispered.

"No you don't... He.. he needs me," whispered Lucas trying his best to cover the tears, he was a man, men never cried.

"I haven't realized my concurrence is way above all limits I can reach," Stacy laughed in a sad way.

"It's not.. you don't," Lucas felt his tongue tying. "He needs me. Shit! I need him."

He looked up so stunned he wasn't even sure these words had left his mouth.

"Yes you need him to be a real human," she said.

"I don't get it. It makes no sense," Lucas was watching her in shook.

"It doesn't make sense. Sense isn't it's feature. It's called love," said Stacy then turned around walking down the corridor till she disappeared behind the corner.

Thank you so much for all the amazing feedback and love you're giving this story, I can't believe there's just one chapter left

What do you think about the meeting between Lucas and Stacy and the things she said?

Much <3