30 lightning

"What do you mean?"

"He's a drug addict," whispered Lucas feeling guilty, he shouldn't tell they had a deal they were roommates.

"What?" asked the man. "I thought you two just partying and laying down girls."

"This yes, but the matter is serious."

"How serious," the manager closed his laptop his attention focused on Lucas's face.

"He run out of money, got in trouble with the dealer so he stole Jungwoo's money."

"What!" the man went pale.

"Jungwoo thought it's 'them', whatever 'they' are, so I borrowed the money from my ex and smuggled it back into his box," Lucas wasn't looking at the man.

"That's why you're working ah!" the manager rubbed his face.

"Last night Kun had stolen Jungwoo's pills, he nearly overdosed I was guarding him the whole night, and Jungwoo needs to take the pills regularly and I have no idea how to ask dr. Martin for more and... I'm tired," Lucas hid his face in his hands.

A total silence filled the room, after a moment he heard the manager tapping the table top with his fingers nervously.

"I'll call Kun and speak to him, we will from now on take care of the matter," muttered the man.

"What about Jungwoo?"

"Maybe it's better for him to be in a different environment."

"No!" Lucas raised his voice more than he should.

The man looked him straight in the eyes so he looked away.

"I'll think about it all, speak to dr. Martin," he muttered when Lucas got up.

"Jungwoo he..." he started.

"What?"

"Nothing," Lucas nodded then bowed down leaving the office quickly running down the corridors till he reached the street outside.

He was trembling madly he was hoping they will just help Kun not... Whatever, he would be free, free to live his old life without regrets, but Jungwoo.

Kun was under treatment, he hasn't spoken a word to Lucas for the whole month but things seemed better, he was staying home, cooking for them, even taking care of Jungwoo. Yes, the manager never uttered a thing about their conversation again, but Jungwoo stayed. He was a little better lately, being happy most of the days, he was helping Kun in the kitchen, training dancing, watching TV or collecting flowers in the park during his walks with Lucas. Of course his life remained a rollercoaster, Lucas could never be sure if Jungwoo's bright mood won't change into an abyss of fear and madness any second. There were these times when he was making a lot of sense while speaking to loose all sense a few sentences later, but it was Jungwoo, his special unique charm, Lucas believed everyone will definitely fall for. Because how could you not?

The second month of work ended quickly so there it was the morning when Lucas was holding the envelope with the money in his pocket in the crowded bus that was driving towards the city centre.

It was a lovably day, the spring sun made the moods brighter but Lucas felt ice cold inside.

Maybe she will bend, he had his tricks to make women fall back for him, but from the other hand has any of his relationships lasted longer than two nights, any except Stacy.

Thank you  for the amazing support and all the love. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

What do you think about Lucas telling the manager. How will his meeting with Stacy go? Will figure out his feelings?

I must tell you there are only two more chapters of this story left, it's sad but it's a short story.

Much <3