Chapter 12: One Must Face Fear Itself...

Thress POV

As Thress walked down the passage below the ruined temple, he had a strange feeling as to who the watcher was, but he shook it off as impossible, as most energy sword wounds were fatal.

Even the 'Spartans' couldn't survive the fatal weapon.

So how the hell was HE still alive, he wondered as he walked down the dark passage, the only light source being the Energy sword in his hand.

The passage was long and winding off in several directions, but Thress felt like he was being pulled closer to the heart of the facility.

As he continued down the hall, he had noticed several signs of a struggle, but the most obvious one being the blood that was plastered onto the walls. The other was the remains of long since decayed remains, which now resembled piles of pale white dust and clumps of decayed bone.

After a few minute of walking Thress walked into a large empty room, the décor being distinctly Forerunner. At first glance it looked just like an empty room, but after a closer look it was revealed to be a lab of sorts, with multiple glass containment cells, medical tables and what could only be hoped were medical tools.

Lur' Thress: 'The Prophets would glass the entire Covenant fleet to get a look at this...especially Faith' he thought, he growled at the mere mention of the 'Prophets' name.

He could still see the sneering Prophet's face, as he entered the Fleet-way Junction space station, expected to be killed when the Prophet fired the Slip Space Cannon.

Lur' Thress: 'I will have my revenge...' he thought to himself, clenching his free hand, Crimson flames appearing on it lighting up the room.

Suddenly, there was a metallic hum of machinery turning on, and Thress jumped readying his energy sword for a fight. The lights flicked on and before Thress was a scene of a massacre.

One of the glass containment cells had been broken open from the inside the containment cell and attacked somebody nearby as there was blood smeared on the ground just in front of the cell. The odd think was that there were two sets of blood, one which was a bright orange, and the other which... was...

Lur' Thress: 'No... this can't be... HOW!!' he roared in his mind.

Suddenly he heard an inhuman screech echo down the hall. It was quickly followed by multiple others, all growing in volume.

He turned back to the second set of blood on the floor, reality setting in...

The second set of blood was a grey-green colour, the only known species to have that colour blood was the Parasite...

Or to be more accurate...

The Flood...

Lur' Thress: 'Gods help me and guide my sword...' he mentally growled as he turned and headed toward the sound of the screeches, leading to a long hallway, the pungent smell of decay and death in the air.

Lur' Thress: 'You will not take this world, these people...' he thought remembering all the new allies he had made.

Lur' Thress: '...I will die before I let that happen' he concluded, readying his Energy Sword in one hand and his plasma rifle in the other as he walked down the hallway, the screeching increasing in volume as he continued forward.

(A/N) Sorry for the REALLY short chapter, but I am suffering from extreme writers block, and between family issues and having to re-watch/re-play the respective titles to get ideas for my story, I am extremely tired.

So, I hope the next chapters will end up being longer that this one.

thanks for understanding.

also, quick shout out to:

pingudaduck and vampnet for their support and just putting up with my bullshit... so, thanks guys I appreciate it.

Smithers2882 OUT!!