Chapter 14: An Old Enemy

(A/N) Some parts of this chapter will be flash backs to help you guys understand some of the things in this chapter and the later chapters.

Thress POV (Years ago - Reach)

Myself and my last blood-brother were in a phantom heading towards a large human shipyard, where our prey was preparing a large cruiser for evacuation.

As the others got ready, I sat at the back of the transport, holding the broken helmet of my younger brother, Gur' Thress.

Gur' Thress was a Ranger class Elite, and he loved his role in a childish and hyper-active way.

(Which in a way, I guess is why Ruby and I get along so well.)

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up into the cold gaze of my eldest brother, Rur'nic Thress.

Rur'nic Thress was a Zealot as well, but his official rank was Field Master, meaning he was in charge of a legion of Covenant troops.

Namely, he was in charge of Lur', as he was the youngest recorded male to make it to Zealot ranking, only a few years after reaching maturity.

Rur'nic Thress: "Why are you upset, Brother?" he asked before spotting the helmet in my hands "Gur' has begun his march to salvation and soon we will follow." He stated matter-of-factly, without emotion.

Lur' Thress: (MUMBLING) "Still doesn't bring him back..." I mumbled under my breath, though his eldest brother heard him say this, earning him a smack over the head from his eldest.

Rur'nic Thress: "Brother, you may be a Zealot, but that doesn't mean that a single death should matter to you, you were the one who..." the eldest started before being interrupted by an anger-filled Lur'.

Lur' Thress: (GROWLING) "DON'T. YOU. DARE..." he interrupted his elder, anger and sadness clear in his tone, and eyes as he turned to face his elder.

He may be his superior officer, but he was also his Blood-Brother. His ONLY Blood-Brother now that Gur' was gone, critically maimed by one of the Demons.

But this Demon was different...

It had a skull painted on its helmet and seemed to revel in killing his kind. He made a silent vow, that if he ever saw that demon, he would end him, and hang his body on the tip of a long spear.