Chapter 16: Burned and Scorned

Thress POV

As I opened my eyes, I found myself in a black pit, surrounded by nothing but darkness, I reached for my energy sword, only to find it missing and remember that it is out of energy and the gas chambers are empty.

Lur' Thress: (GROWLING) "Of all the times to run out of energy, it had to be today?" I growled and reluctantly, let my hand be consumed by the crimson flames.

Before I could activate the flames, a bunch of lights switched on, showing the tiled floor on which, I stood and the large stone walls that surrounded me.

Suddenly I heard the echoing of footsteps on the floor behind me. I turned around quickly and raised my fists for a fight.

A humanoid woman in black robes approached me, though I doubted that she was human.

She had extremely pale white skin, with dark red, almost black veins running all over her visible body, as well as completely black eyes apart from her red irises, and a gemstone of some sort was embedded into her forehead.

???: "Tell me child, why do you fight? What have you to gain from siding with Ozpin?" she spoke in a friendly tone, but I could tell that this was a dangerous woman, one who shouldn't be crossed if it should come to it.

Lur' Thress: "I wonder..." I mused "When my people started to call the Spartans 'Demons', if they pictured a creature similar to you under the helmet." I smiled as I continued "As for why I fight, I don't believe there is a reason why I should tell you anything, Demon." I said as I started to walk away from her.

???: "DON'T YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON ME!!!" She thundered, the entire plain of existence shaking under the force of her voice.

Lur' Thress: "So, you are the one who controls this plain?" I said as I rushed her and grabbed her by the throat, surprising her with the sudden brutish act "Then, if I kill the controller, I should, in theory be released..." I mused.

???: "Are you... willing to... bet on that?" she asked as she smirked through my hold.

I suddenly and violently snapped her neck and head to the side, dropping her lifeless body before continuing.

Lur' Thress: "Yes... yes I do." I said as the plain became lighter and lighter and her body disintegrated in a similar fashion to that of the Grimm, eventually the plain became so bright, I had to close my eyes to shield them from the vast amounts of white in my vision.

Six POV – Beacon infirmary

I was pacing outside Thress' Room, wondering if he was going to make it out of the infirmary walking, or in an extra-large body bag.

As I was pacing, I heard limping footsteps approach me, but I didn't need to look up to see who it was.

Six: "Emile, this isn't the time..." I started before I was caught in an unexpected hug from the emotionless Spartan.