Epilogue part 3: Feet first into Remnant...

??? POV

???: "MOVE MEN! WE NEED TO BE READY TO DROP IN FIVE!" I roared to the ODST and Spartan IV troppers as we entered our Drop pods.

Toby: "Sargent Grey! whats our target?" a Spartan in black scout armour called out to me as we entered our pods.

Grey: "That Private, is our target..." I said as I pointed out the window of my pod towards the multiple Phantoms and Banshees heading towards the Sheild world.

Captain Schmit: "This is captain Schmit! All Spartans and ODST troopers report to the hanger or drop pod bay for deployment!" he yelled over the intercom.

Ray: "You heard him!" the old Spartan II called "MOVE IT, OR I SWEAR TO WHATEVER GODS YOU BELIVE IN, I'LL FEED YOU TO AN ANGRY BRUTE!!" he called out as I laughed at the red and blue coloured Spartan.

As the pods started to move out towords the Planet and the pods started to launch towards the planet, I thought one thing.

Grey: 'Feet first into hell...' I smirked as my pod was released and it plummeted towards the planet.

Grey: "WOOOHOOO!!!" I called over my comms and was rewarded by several other laughs and groans.

Liz: "Geez Grey! Anyone would think that you had someone else in there with you~" the female Spartan IV called out slyly as several laughs and wolf whistles came from other pods.

Grey: "Hey! You have to get me drunk first!" I called out with a smirk on my face.

Liz: "Sometimes I don't know why I date you..." she laughed just as Ray cut into the conversation.

Ray: "Save it for the Bedroom kids, prepare to open flaps on my mark..." he said as I grabbed the leaver for the flap release mechanism "MARK!!"he called and I pulled the lever...

Only to realise that it was jammed...

Liz: "Grey! now isn't the time to pull one of your 'better-late-then-never' jokes!" she pleaded as my pod started to burn up from entering atmosphere...

AND GETTING VERY HOT INSIDE THE POD AS WELL!!!

Grey: "BELIVE ME, I'M TRYING!!" I called out as I yanked harder on the lever, finally unjamming it and activating the Flaps, sighing in relief as my descent slowed.

Grey: "I now have a new respect for baked dinners..." I said as I wiped the sweat from my unhelmeted face, while several sighs of relief came through the comms.

Ray: "Alright, now that that's has been sorted out-" he started but was interrupted.

Toby: "GREY LOOK OUT!" he called out as a out of control banshee came barrelling into my pod and knocked me out of position.

Grey: "OH FUCK ME!!" I called as I noticed that I was heading straight towards a large tower like building and braced for Impact...