05: Fifth Call

I finally decided to save Harry's phone number last night, so whenever he called I knew who it was and just to be a little bit mean, I ignored his calls with a smirk played on my lips.

"Lou, your phone's ringing again." My girlfriend — no wait, my ex girlfriend sighed before turning her back away from me. I let out a soft yawn and ended the call.

Both Eleanor and I laid in bed, but I haven't said anything since I woke up. Maybe I was still upset about the fact that our relationship ended, but this was how relationships worked these days, isn't it? There's not really much love in it. But then here we were, in the same bed but not together.

"You should go home." I rubbed the bridge of my nose as I spoke to her.

"I guess I should," Her voice was small and mixed with hurt. "I shouldn't be here in the first place."

"Then leave." I snapped accidentally.

When our eyes finally met, I found the eyes of the girl that I fell in love with. Eleanor's eyes were swollen from crying too much, and it was all because of me. It was my fault, and we both knew it.

"What happened to you, Lou?" She sniffed, then she got up, grabbed her purse and left the room. I cursed under my breath and sat up, only to groan in pain when the familiar headache came.

My phone rang and I smiled a little when I saw it was Harry. I liked him. He always made things better with his voice and I enjoyed teasing him.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Harry."

He squealed. "You said hello! You finally greeted back! Am I dreaming? Tell me I'm not dreaming!"

I chuckled.

"It's still early in the morning, what are you doing up?"

"What are you doing up? Shouldn't you be in school?"

Harry gasped. "How did you know? You don't even know me."

"I figured."

"Well, I'm a little bit sick today, and mum said I could stay home. She's really nice, isn't she?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "She sounds nice."

My chest ached a little at the thought of my own mother. I haven't seen her in a while, since I had to be away from home for college. Damn, I missed her. I really missed her...

"Hello?"

I sobbed, then quickly cleared my throat. "Hmm? Yeah, I'm here. Just... thought of something. Sorry."

"... You can talk to me if you want to, you know. I don't like seeing my friends sad, especially you."

I mused. "One, you can't 'see' me. Two, are we friends?"

"Uhm... I don't know. Are we? You tell me."

I remained silent, but I would really love to call him my friend. He sounded like a fun person to be with, and I can't help but wish I could meet him someday. Or maybe not.

"I gotta go now," Harry said in a rushed voice and I heard a car beeping. "Doctor's, you know."

I sighed. "Yeah, have fun, kid."

"Ugh, medicines aren't fun."

I chuckled again.

"Hey, Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"... My name's Louis."

And I hung up.