one | perfect

g r a c e

i woke up feeling sick again. i checked my alarm to see that i had slept in late. "ah! shoot!" i said, throwing the covers off and running into the bathroom to throw up.

when finished, my guts ached. i ignored it, took some medicine and did my normal school prepping routine, just ten times faster.

i ran downstairs, grabbed my school bag, and left, neither hungry nor ready for today. today is attempt talking to him. max mills. we have unfinished business together. well, he thinks he's through with me, but he's definitely not. he probably never will be in all honesty.

m a x

i ran out of my house, climbed into my car, and sat there for a few minutes waiting for harvey. good lord. if he takes one more minute longer i swear i'm leaving him.

right as i crank my car, harvey runs out and hops in on the passenger side. "why so long?" i asked, annoyed enough. "this masterpiece takes time," he replied pointing to his hair. i laughed once then drove off.

"why are you in such a hurry?" harvey asked, confused as to why i actually wanted to be at school. "the principal told mum that if i was late once more i'd have to go to summer school. that means no freedom and i'm totally not up for that." i replied running a red light.

"not if you get sent to jail first," harvey mumbled back. i rolled my eyes and parked in my regular spot. harvey and i got out of the car and walked into the school, immediately splitting up to find our friends.

i sat down in form at our usual table in the very center. "mills. you made it," julian announced, looking at me. "don't i always?" i said jokingly. they all laughed.

i like this. control. everyone in my grasp. i live for it actually. all the other kids, even my friends, hover below me. i'm the dominant one here and people shouldn't expect any less.

suddenly someone tapped my shoulder lightly. i turned around, confused. i was even more confused at the person looking back at me. "we need to talk." she said, snapping me out of my confused daze. we aren't friends so what does she possibly need.

"is that grace simon talking to max mills?" julian says, interrupting my thoughts. "wow grace. i haven't seen you since, what was it, fourth year?" he keeps on. "meet me behind the school at lunch," she said, ignoring julian and everyone else's snickering.

"hey! i'm talking to you!" julian shouted at her, making her look at him then to the ground. "why are you here?" julian asked her, invading personal privacy. that's just what he does though. "i uh-" she started to say before i cut her off. "she did my homework so i was talking to her about it," i say like that wasn't a total lie.

julian nods. "leave now," he says to her, glaring a little. it even made me uncomfortable, and i'm used to it. she nodded and walked away, looking for her group of friends, if she has any that is. she's a complete nerd.

"such a loser," sarah says, watching her walk away. i laughed and nodded. everyone else did too.

-

the first two periods went by slowly. if only they could go by slower. i don't wanna talk to grace. i'm better than that, but i do have to keep in mind that i'm kind of a gentleman. KIND OF.

after the second bell, i told my friends i was going to the bathroom then walked towards the back of the school.

g r a c e

"okay grace, i don't have all day. what'd you want?" i looked over and saw max ask while walking towards me. "and it being behind the school makes it even worse," he added, stopping a few inches away from me.

"about a few weeks ago-" i said being cut off by max.

"just forget about it. we were both carried away. plus, if anyone found out we slept together, i'd be ruined, along with my reputation," he stated, walking away.

"no, max! i'm-im pregnant," i called to him. he stopped in his tracks and whipped around to face me. "what?" he asked, as if he hadn't heard me at all.

"i'm pregnant. and it's yours," i said, staring at him, hoping something good would flow from his mouth. "oh my god," he said, looking around and putting his hands on his head. "how?" he asked, looking at me shocked.

"don't ask me! you're the one saying 'protection was overrated'!" i reply. he just looked around, thinking about how he'd try to cover this up. "i don't want anything to do with it," he finally said, causing me to look at him. "max! you did this! you're just going to force me into this alone?" i asked, hurt by this.

he sighed and stared at the ground. "look," i began, stepping towards him. "my parents can pay for the doctors and such. i just want someone to go with me to the appointments. that's all i ask of you," i say, looking at him.

he looked into my eyes and thought for a few moments. he then nodded. "okay. i'll go," he said, relieving me of all the pressure. i nodded. "thank you," i said, looking away. he nodded and walked back into the school.

i just have no clue how to tell my parents. we're the 'perfect family.' we go to church every sunday, play polo, own a few resorts, go to country clubs, are healthy, and are just 'perfect'.