seven | what a day

g r a c e

i went to sleep as soon as max and i stopped texting because i didn't have the energy to face my parents. i mean, i'm supposed to be this stereotypical 'perfect' girl, but in reality, i make mistakes just like every other teenager in the world.

-

i woke up to my head pounding and ran into my bathroom to some usual morning sickness. my mum walked in about three seconds after i had reached the toilet and was pouring my guts out, involuntarily.

she sighed and helped me by handing me a towel to wipe my mouth with. "thank you," i said, not looking at her. i couldn't bear to see the disappointment and shame that i knew was somewhere in her eyes.

"grace. i still love you and no matter what i'll support you. i'm your mother after all. this baby isn't a mistake. it's just a minor set back," she said, reassuring me that everything was okay and that i actually could still depend on her for help.

i smiled warmly, yet i was confused. "you're..you're okay with it? i'm so sorry mum. i'm ashamed." i replied, still utterly confused. she nodded. "it's going to take getting used to, but i can't have you being alone through this. it's a tough journey to get through," she replied. i hugged her. "thank you mum," i said into her shoulder with tears streaming down my face.

she pulled back and wiped my tears away with her gentle fingers. "i'm always here for you, grace," she said with a small smile. i could tell that tears were rimming her eyes. the glossy covering of them glistened in the light of my bathroom.

we finally got up and walked into my room. "i need to get ready for school," i said with utter annoyance. i was dreading school. i didn't want to see or talk to anyone. i didn't feel like it.

"honey, why don't you stay home today? you'll need rest, especially since last night was so eventful," my mum said to me with a warm smile. i sighed with relief and got back into bed.

"thank you mum. thank you so much," i replied as i looked at her. "you're welcome honey," she replied, giving me a kiss on the forehead and leaving the room.

i went to sleep, not even thinking about anything except my future that was coming in just a few months.

-

i was laying in bed a few hours later while binging tons of netflix romance movies when a soft knock came at my door. i paused the movie and replied to the knock with , "come in."

the door slowly opened to reveal the one and only mills twins: max and harvey. i laughed. "hi guys!" i excitedly said, jumping out of bed and hugging them both tightly. harvey smiled at me while max's face was full of concern.

"grace! don't strain yourself! the baby-" he said before i cut him off. "max. i'm only like 3 & 1/2 months pregnant. i'm fine," i replied with a smile since his concern was actually cute and caring.

he nodded lightly but remained serious. at this point, harvey had nudged past both of us and was watching my movie while sitting on my bed.

"harvey mills?" i said. he looked at me then quickly
back to the movie. i laughed and went to sit beside him. my head rested on his shoulder as max sat in my desk chair beside harvey. we all watched the movie in peace.

-

when it finished, i turned the tv off and looked at them. harvey was on his phone on my bed while max looked at me.

"yes?" i asked. "why didn't you come to school today?" he asked back. i forgot completely about max and harvey worrying so much about me. i should've texted. harvey was suddenly interested so he was also listening and had the same questioning face on as max.

i told them the whole story with my mum and then said sorry for not informing him sooner and causing him to worry. max most likely didn't need anymore possible stress since he was basically dealing with me and a child along with his snobby friends.

they both thankfully understood. "max, mum wants us home in like 20 minutes," harvey sadly announced. both he and max frowned. we spent a little more time together then they had to leave.

i walked them downstairs and hugged harvey then kissed max on the cheek as they left. what a day.