five | a mistake

g r a c e
*the next week: friday night*

things with max have been really good, since he's a well known player. he hasn't hooked up with anyone, he's been nice to different people, hasn't let julian or anyone else sabotage our relationship, and has been talking to me more.

we text almost everyday and facetime somethimes. i would've never expected this to happen.

tonight his parents are coming over and we're going to announce the pregnancy. of course, his little sister tilly and brother leo will be taken away and entertained by harvey.

i haven't seen harvey in forever. he's the only one who knows about the pregnancy. not even mel does. and it's horrible keeping this from her.

max and i told our parents we're dating. it's really surprising to hear since we never talked before this happened.

we aren't actually dating, of course. it's just a cover up.

-

i put on some white jeans, a blush pink, loose-fitting sweater with a v-neck, and my white high top vans.

my hair was lightly curled so that it was in mini waves. i put on light makeup, but enough so i'd be more fancy than my daily makeup. i had on my necklace max gave me to wear tonight with an 'm' on it. it was silver and matched perfectly. i had in diamond stud earrings and a cute watch to match.

i look good for over two months pregnant.

you can't even tell honestly. if i had a super tight-fitting shirt on you could but luckily i don't own any. i hate tight-fitted things.

-

the doorbell came after a few minutes of me checking myself in the mirror. i ran downstairs to get it. well, i more like, walked at a faster pace.

"mom! dad! they're here!" i announced before opening the door. "be right there honey!" mum called back from the dining room. they were setting up the dinner.

here goes nothing.

i opened the door to see max and his family standing there waiting. i smiled and looked at max like any girlfriend would. "hey babe, you look fantastic," he said giving my cheek a gentle kiss. "hi. thank you baby," i said sweetly.

once he was inside, i took turns granting each of his family members a hug. lastly came harvey. i smiled at him and he smiled back then hugged me tightly. "i missed you grace," he whispered.

no one knows it, but harvey and i used to be great friends. until tenth year we'd been bestfriends actually.

"i missed you too." i replied kissing his cheek. at this point no one was listening to us. "can i just admit something?" he whispered again, looking down at my stomach. oh god.

i nodded. "out of all the girls in the world, im glad it's you," he said with a smile. i smiled and hugged him again, pressing my small bump against his torso. i knew he could feel it because he smiled into my neck. i missed him so much.

-

max and i's parents hit it off from the start. that was great.

after dinner, max looked at harvey and harvey took leo and tilly to tour the house. wink wink.

"mum, dad..mr. and mrs. simon.."max began, looking at me. i was nervous. he took my hand under the table and squeezed it gently. i smiled at him a little and nodded.

"grace and i have an announcement.." he said.

at this point our parents were practically staring at us.  i exhale a little. "i'm pregnant," i said, gaining courage. they continued looking at us. max cleared his throat and stated, "it's grace and i's baby and we plan to be great parents. this was totally unexpected, but we hope you'll accept us still. we're sorry," he said, looking around.

his parents exchanged glances. "we believe in you two. this is a lot to take in kids, but we know you'll get through it and be great parents while doing it," sara, his mum announced. she's amazing. paul, his dad, nodded in agreement.

"you can't possibly be serious," my mum commented. we all looked at her and tears formed in my eyes. "grace. haven't we taught you better? don't you have any respect for god, us, or our reputation?" she continued to say.

"i can't believe this," my mum said, getting up and storming off. my dad just looked at me, shook his head, then followed after her.

what've i done.

what a mistake.

m a x

that didn't go well. at all.

i looked over at grace and saw her eyes filled with tears. i feel horrible for her.

"um..please excuse me," she said quietly with a shaky voice.

my parents nodded and grace got up, let go of my hand, and walked quickly upstairs.

i looked at them.

"how long has she.." my mum said, not saying the last part for their own sake.

"over two months." i answered. they nodded.

they then got up and called leo and tilly to leave. harvey and i had driven here together in my car. i got up too and walked behind them, waiting for leo, tilly, and harvey.

both tilly and leo came running and smiling. harvey walked behind them laughing. i didn't look at him.

"everything okay?" he asked, seeing our faces. i just shook my head and looked up at him. he came over and hugged me like any amazing brother would. "it'll be okay. i'm really sorry," he said. i nodded.

"thanks." i simply replied.