twelve | joy

m a x

i woke up to no grace to be found. is she okay? i then heard some bickering from downstairs. oh god. "no! we have to make this work okay?!" i heard harvey yelling. i quickly jogged downstairs and saw probably the scariest thing i've ever seen before. harvey. not just harvey-harvey. harvey completely cloaked in flour. he also had a teal apron on with white around the edges. i fought a screech, i swear.

"harvey! no! i'm not in the mood for those!" i heard grace yelling back as he rolled his eyes and looked at her. "your hormones suck!" he replied to her. he's so stupid.

"your hormones are worse!" grace spat back at him. HAH. WOW. harvey stopped mixing a bowl full of who knows what and placed a hand on his hip while motioning at grace with a spoon. "um. excuse me?" he calmly replied before erupting into laughter along with grace.

"you fool!" grace said laughing. harvey placed the bowl and spoon down as he chased grace around. as he ran towards her, she screamed and laughed at the same time. at this point, she was running from him.

he, of course, had the advantage and bear-hugged her from behind. she started laughing even more.

ping. wait what? is that a ping of jealousy? no. it can't possibly be. can it?

"harvey stop! you're covered in flour!" she said as her voice rang out with glee.

"well too late cause' now you are too," harvey said, getting off of her and looking at her with a goofy smile. she laughed and turned to look at him, his hands now on her waist. um no.

"morning guys," i said, happily interrupting their moment. :)

"gooooodmorningggg," harvey said, backing away from grace like nothing was happening. grace smiled. "morning max," grace said, also acting like nothing was happening. maybe i was just thinking too deeply into the situation. they're like bestfriends again so this is probably normal.

"we're making chocolate chip pancakes," harvey suddenly said with a quick smile. grace gave him the 'are you mentally insane' look and sighed. "actually, the schedule just changed. we're making NORMAL pancakes," she said with a smile. harvey looked at her as she looked at him and they both started laughing.

what.
the.
heck.

harvey then huffed and agreed. "fine. you guys make them while i go shower because this isn't comfortable," he said, pointing to the mess all over him. grace laughed and nodded and so did i. i did this small laugh that absolutely didn't mean anything. heh.

once he left, i looked at grace and her smile faltered. "what's wrong?" she asked, touching my arm. i jerked away from her. she flinched. "what the heck was that?" i asked, sounding way too angered.

oops.

"what was what?" grace asked almost panicking.

"you and harvey had a moment. did it mean something? do you like him?" i questioned in a quickened manner.

"what? no! i like you max! only you!" she said, not even thinking. she admitted it. she admitted her feelings. finally.

i didn't need anymore reassurance. i just leaned down and gently placed a kiss to her lips. she kissed back, of course. i mean, who wouldn't? sorry, that was a joke..haha..

"i like you too," i said making her smile. i didn't like her. i loved her. but the thing is, we just started talking a few months ago. she probably doesn't love me yet. hopefully she will one day.

g r a c e

sparks.

so many sparks flew around as i kissed him.

i love him. only him.

our foreheads rested together after the kiss. he smiled and so did i. "max.." i said looking at him. "yes?" he asked, looking at me in return.

i bit my lip. "i-i..." i stuttered at first.

i love you! say it!

"i think we should finish making the pancakes," i said quickly as i turned and poured already mixed batter into a pan. i also made a separate bowl of batter for harvey with some chocolate chips since he wanted some so bad. 

"how many do you want?" i asked max as the pancakes finished cooking.

"six," he said, with a smile.

i laughed.

wow. six kids-i mean pancakes. six pancakes.

i sat his plate in front of him as harvey ran downstairs happily. "pancakes! yeah!" he said, getting out the syrup.

"how many harvey?" i asked as his pancakes finished.

"ten," he said, pouting some orange juice for himself.

um. okay. wow.

i gave his special chocolate chip pancakes to him as he sat down beside max. "wait..you made me chocolate chip ones?" he asked, smiling with joy.

i nodded and smiled.

he scarfed his down and asked for more, which i agreed to.

max watched me as if he was in a daze. "yes max?" i asked, snapping him out of it.

he smiled a little. "you're amazing," he admitted.

i smiled, filled with joy at his words.