Chapter 2

Ian's POV

That was tiring...

These days, I have not enough sleep for I was searching something...

All the pieces for her to live, I will do anything just to see her smile and live...

***

I sneak into my own house in silence in order to be not found out by my relatives. I used spatial door magic, a transportation magic, to sneak in silently in her room.

Inside the room a table and a chair, a large modern room, a closet, and near the window, a girl sleeping in the couch.

This girl loves sleeping more than anyone else. 

If you make her choose between sleeping or talking with someone, it's definitely sleeping.

Just teaching her how to socialize, she will definitely run for it even if it has to be forever. That's how she hates it.

The problem is... should I wake her? Or not?

Waking her is definitely a bad thing to do... She is tired this days, especially not being able to sleep more than 12 hours a day. She cant' sleep since she has a role to play, she has to play it. She is so cranky when she wakes up.

But I have to wake her up in order to leave as fast as I can. If I leave, I can find them faster, which will be able to save her life.

I want her to wake her up but she'll definitely say that I'm like a mother who is waking up her child!

Maybe I should... I have to be prepared for the consequences....

"Miki, wake up. I brought the crystal" I softly said as I try to wake her up.

Her eyes slowly open and looks at me. Her face is expressionless but her eyes didn't move away from me. It just mean that she is angry if she looks at me like that. 

She's already that I am very annoying that I should hurry go away for her to not disturb her peaceful sleep. She starting to think sarcastic words to me.

"Good evening, Miki. I know you are angry but I have to do this so don't even try to complain. I, too, don't have enough sleep this days. At least you can sleep 9 hours per day while I can't. I'm too busy saving your life" 

Her eyes narrow, still hasn't taken off away from me. I can clearly know that she is saying that she too is working very hard that she's tired already. I bet she is thinking, 'Just standing up is a lot of work for me'.

I have known her too much that this girl started to think I'm a stalker. I have known her in our past life since we were a child.

"I'll meet *yawn*... Luke, Theresa and nee-san tomorrow.... *yawn*..... and also they'll met her" Miki sleeplessly said with half-open eyes.

I sighed and pat her head. This girl has been through a lot of dangers and yet still able to look at reality indifferently.

"I see... try not to meet her... and don't overwork yourself..." I said with a slight tone of worry.

Knowing I will be away, she suddenly fell asleep without even saying a word...

This girl is really shameless on me...

I seriously don't know why I started to like her. I really wish she can smile brightly again.

The only way to make her move if it catches her interest or involves her life. She really wanted to live yet she is here, lazying.

I seriously don't know why I started to like her.

But no matter what I'll be there to help her, minimizing the load on her shoulders.

I'll make sure she'll be able to live happily. Even if she left me, only to see her happy then I'm gratified.

I open a spatial door and go through my next destination. 2 crystals left and 4 months to go. 

Today is January 3, xx19. At May 12, if I can't make it, everything will be over. 

It will be the last day I will see her. And also... it will be her last birthday...

Before that day comes, I have to make sure, she'll live.