Chapter 17

Eric's POV

I was too shocked by what just happened.

Miki is alive? My little sister is alive?

I didn't know if I just misheard it or not. When I tried to let Xylia repeat her words, she suddenly fell asleep.

She did say she will not repeat it and will rest after she said it. 

"Xylia-sama, please wake up"

I tried to wake her up but failed. It looks like she is in a deep sleep. She did said she hasn't slept in past three days.

And also she is all cozy even if it's so cold right now. I even had used two blankets to warm myself yet when I look at her, it's like cold is natural to her.

"Miki is alive"

I wonder if it's true or not.

This girl is a Haldane, one cannot help but be serious to her. Based on the report, this woman loves to prank and joke to anybody. 

If Miki is alive, then who and where is she? Is she doing okay?

I kept thinking and thinking until I fell asleep. When I woke up, it's already afternoon and we're almost to our destination. Magic really is helpful. It requires three days to travel from the border to the Loquin Academy.

I saw her face smiling as if it never happens.

This woman has a problem in her head. She loves to touch a dangerous subject and treats it as if it's just her toy.

"So Miki is really alive?" I cannot but ask her. Even if she said she will forget it as if it never happens.

I look at her with a smile in my face. As a noble, I cannot lower myself even in front of a Haldane. I have my pride as a noble.

I only want to extort information from her mouth.

"Miki? She's alive" she said without even batting an eye. She just kept smiling as if it's normal.

"So you are saying my sister is still alive?" I wanted to make sure if she really is alive. 

This woman views everything as her toy. She can lie anytime she wants and play with her toys.

"No, Miki Linux is dead"

"What?!"

"Calm down. Miki is alive but Miki Linux is dead. There are many people in this world that has a name Miki. You didn't mention who's Miki are you talking about so I say yes. If you are referring to Miki Linux, she is dead"

Her calm smile is still there. Her playful eyes look at me. 

It's true. There are many people who has a name Miki but the only people I know that has a name [ Miki ] is my sister. 

Of course, I will think my sister is alive rather than someone.

But who is person she mentioned earlier. Who [ Miki ] is she talking about?

"Oh my... I'm sorry for my playful attitude. How 'bout I compensate you by surprising Lucas Rumina Acryl? He will definitely shock if you are suddenly there"

"Your act of yours really bothers me. What's more how can you surprise Luke?"

"I thought to myself, since my pranks doesn't work on him, how about I tried surprising him? I can disguise our presence as if we're never there, walk close and I'll surprise him first then you'll. I cannot let this chance waste, you know. I really want to blackmail those types"