Chapter 18

Sorry for not updating... my laptop broke and has to be fix... 

***

Third Person's POV

"Don't even try to touch me"

"I know, I know. I won't touch you. I will just tease you"

Xylia receive a glare from Xyrine. Still, her smile still remained and even brighter than before.

"Just stop messing everything"

"Hmm?"

"Don't just 'hmm?' me. Everything is messing up because of your actions"

By messing up, it means the action of Xylia. She kept breaking the order of fate.

"Ahhh! I get it. Don't worry, that just minor details"

"I got a tons of problems because of you"

Yet even with her reminder, Xylia still remain Xylia.

"I know what I'm doing"

"You should. If not, the fate will forcefully do its own and left us nothing but death"

Xyrine doesn't even know how many times does she have to scold her. If they overstep that boundary, the chance of their surviving will become automatically zero.

"I told you, it's just minor details.And alsotThe fate is so dumb. Marianne and Zwei are totally different persons from the original. Especially Zwei. She looks at me as if I'm a serial killer"

Xyrine looked at Xylia then remembered the weird Marianne who acts very weird. She knew that the girl is acting like the original but she saw through her mask and see Marianne idolizing her secretly.

To be exact, everything is out of place already on the day they were born.

Xyrine stopped that thought and looked at the devil smiling Xylia. 

Not just Marianne, but Zwei too? Moreover, looking at Xylia as if she is a serial killer?  

"You are one" 

"Of course, I am. If I am not, then who am I? I'm Xylia E. Haldane, the traitor who will destroy this world"

"You're quite a proud one even having a destiny like that"

"Of course, I have to. I want to live my life"

"Liar" 

Xyrine know that Xylia lied. This woman always love to mix lies with truths, making her harder to see her real self. 

Even if she doesn't know which part of her words are a lie, she knew there are lie in her words.

"I... am a liar?"

"Stop acting. You even lied to Eric"

"Yeah, I guess I am a liar too. But not just me, Eric-kun also lied. He did not came here just to judge us but for some other matters"

Xyrine cannot help but rolled her eyes at Xylia's answer. This woman is without a doubt a natural at trash talk.

"What? Tell me, what are they discussing right now? I want information"

In that place, no one cannot feel that someone is even watching them. That place is Xylia's territory so Xylia can see and hear whatever happens there.

"It's about the political matters in Azaneth. Lucas-kun declined being an heir of his Ducal household, stating he is already adopted by the former Earl Alexander Linux and is part of the Linux household now"

"That's all?"

"Nah-ah. Just some other minor political problems in their country like sending the three of their heroes to this academy"

"Then they are all yours to handle"

Xyrine suddenly disappear as if she is never there.

Xylia turned around and head towards to her office but was stopped as the world around her paused.

Xylia look around her and can feel that this is not the doing of that woman. She closed her eyes for a second and open them again to see a humanoid with white goat's head with a book in its hand as it appears in front of her face.

"What are you doing, scrittore?" even with what happened, Xylia still has the smile on her face.

Scrittore are observers. They are the ones who writes one of the most interesting stories that has ever happen. Of course, the story has to be real in order to be written. They will interrupt the story if necessary. The reason is either there is a question they wanted to know or to make it interesting or the story has already repeated or the ending is already known.

"My, my~ What a fright, not even surprised about it"

"Why follow me? Why not go to that woman?"

"Kufufu.... You're interesting one. Among all of our clients, you are one of the most interesting one. I couldn't even figure what's in your head so I came to ask why did you ask them to wait?"

"..."

Xylia looked at the floating scrittore who is trying to find some ways to surprise her.

"Don't worry, you and us know each other so well"

Xylia looks at the scrittore's eye as her lips into a playful smile

"In the academy, they don't even have time to discussed  such things there as there are people from other countries might take advantage on it. I just gave them time to have a private discussion"

The scritorre laughed very loudly as it looks mockingly at Xylia

"Kufufufu... as if. You cannot deceive me with a hilarious lies. You just told your brother that [ Miki ] is alive"

"Don't worry, he won't tell. I just said that in order to convince them to move on after all this five years. And after they move on, I will play with their hearts as long as my heart desires"

"How do you view this world?"

How does she view this world? For her it's nothing but a silly question yet an unknown one. 

"I view all my reality as a game. Nothing has change my view"

"Liar, you don't even know if that really came from your heart or is created by the curses or lies of yours"

"Yeah, I lied many times that I don't care who I am anymore"

That I don't know which is my real emotions anymore, who I want to protect nor who is the real me.

Her emotions are so conflicted with the curse that slowly, she's losing her real self. Day by day, she slowly losses a piece of herself until it's no more.

The only way she gets relax is to lie. Just lie. For her, lying is something that saves her from the madness. Even if it also losses a piece of her, it's better than driving into madness.

"You're such a great liar that you can even smile even with all this happening around you"

Xylia rolled her eyes. She stop caring about herself if she suffered or not. As long as she have that one true emotion, she knew she could still live.

"Yeah, I don't know if this is really what I want or just this curse creating it or the lies I have created"

"Ohhh~ What is it that you want?"

"Hehehe..."

"You still dare to go against on fate? What a brave young woman are you"

Xylia narrowed her eyes and pretended that she didn't hear it. 

"Since I view this world as a game, I want to create a game of mystery. I will lay four main clues. I have already laid half of them"

An interesting look showed in the eyes of the scrittore.

.

.

.

"This is a game of who is Miki, who is the center of all"