Chapter 15

This happen in the southern forest of Azaneth before the previous chapter. Still same day but on Xylia's side.

***

Eric's POV

Outside, snow are falling from the sky.

It's been 5 years since my sister, Miki, is dead. Our dear father is still in comma while my sister, Jeanne, is now a teacher at a famous academy.

Whilst I am still an earl. Even with the famous achievement I received 5 years ago, I declined on being a marquis.

I am already satisfied with the title of an Earl. I don't want to involve myself in the political world more. How else can I enjoy my life? Those nobles will definitely try to kill me if accepted it.

But with that achievement, I know I can never find peace. Next month, I will be marrying with my fiance and still have to do so much work.

My dearest younger sister, Miki, why did you die?

I always thought you as a strange child. You always act different when there is other people beside your family. Your smarter than you look like, yet you hide it to not attract attention.

Do you know the consequences of your action?

Do you did not just save father just because he is dying but because you know something will happen?

Do you know that if you die we will start a revolution and save this empire?

I don't know. But I do certain you know that you know we will be hurt.

You're such a meticulous cold child.

This snow suit you the best. Alone yet strong. A child who is outcast by the world yet still remain indifferent. Not even once have you trust someone to share your burden. If Luke hadn't told it to me, I wouldn't have know.

"Lord, Lady Jeanne sent a letter for you"

"Really, looks like my time here in the southern border is end. Surely, she wants me to look at something"

I took the letter from the servant and opened it. Looks like I'm right, she wants me to look on someone's information.

"I'm sorry Duke Ferdinand, but I have other things to do at my territory. I'm terribly sorry for my misconduct. I hope I can visit you again"

"No, it's nothing, Earl Linux. I enjoy your time here. For an old man like me, your like my son!"

Really, what an annoying old man. If it weren't for the fact that this kingdom needs you, I might have killed you for trying to marry Jeanne.

I gave my farewell and finally free from this old man.

I want to take a nap to shorten the bored trip until to the capital but I can't because of this crappy road.

"Really if only those nobles doesn't reject on constructing those roads, I would have a better nap"

When his majesty and I proposed it, a lot of nobles declined on that project. They want to keep their money in their hands rather than give it to the people.

Such foolish people.

I looked at my hand holding a letter from Jeanne.

Two people who looks like Miki. Both of them are Haldane

Xylia, a mischievous and energetic, the opposite of Miki. White hair and sky blue eyes.

Xyrine, calm but a little aggressive. Black hair and sky blue eyes.

Yet even with that difference, she say they are very much alike.

If Miki is alive, then one of them is surely her. I'm sure Luke also noticed this. Out of three of us, he is the closest to Miki.

Both of us doubt that Miki is dead.

After calming down from our vengeance, we noticed how can Miki died with that meticulous brain of hers.

Xyrine is the one who has the closest personality of Miki. Yet with the meticulous brain of her, she might be Xylia. She has a great acting skill. Yet she also might purposely let us thinking like that and might be Xyrine.

"Coachman, why did the carriage stop?"

It's still not the checkpoint yet we stopped already in a middle of a forest.

"S-sir.... t-there is a w-woman... a-and.. t-t-twelve d-demons... f-fighting on the road..."

A fight? Twelve demons? And a woman?

I suddenly burst out from the carriage to see what is happening outside. Amidst the snow, I can perfectly see the scene in front of me.

3....... 5..... 7 corpses appear.... one by one they all die from the hands of a woman. Yet not even a falter can be seen from the woman. I can felt she is enjoying this fight.

Each time she kill, blood rained down, soaking her in this bloodbath.

Yet with this weather, one can say the snow suits her. Even if she is soaked with blood, it suits her very much. Even if she is smiling cheerfully, even if it creeps anyone, this scene suits for her.

With hair as white as snow, eyes as blue as the sky, it's like snow is made for you.

Seeing you reminded me of my sister. Even if you are smiling, the snow suits you.

Yet the only thing I can see from you is a strong yet lonely figure that remains indifferent from this chaotic world.

It really makes me wonder if Miki is alive, you might be her.

Beneath that smile, despair can be seen from her.