Chapter 1: 1669

Lyandra MacLeod was barely four, the night her mother left her and her brother, Fergus, on their own. She was only four and half when she was separated from Fergus for being a witch like their mother. For being so young, it was surprising she was even able to access her magic but as one of her capture said she was protege.

After month in captive, Lyandra began to wonder when she would be killed for being a witch but she never heard any suggestions of it. Maybe it was because she was so young and it would be morally wrong to kill a child. Maybe they planned to use her power for their own personal gain. One thing was certain in the little girl's mind, she was going to die.

Then one night as she layed on her cot trying to find sleep, a commotion brought her back to reality. As soon as she wide awake she moved as the chair in her ceil so she could see through the bars in the door. Instantly she regret looking out as she saw the blonde woman and brunette man drain her guards of their blood.

Yelping, she jumped off the chair and ran to the corner. There she curled into a ball and hoped the monsters didn't hear, but as fate would have it the two did and they came to her ceil.

"Why would they have a small child locked up down here" the blonde questioned as her and her friend watched, Lyandra pull her legs closer to her chest.

"She a witch, sister" the man said earning a questioning look from his sister. "Can you not feel the magic radiating off her? She's a rather powerful witch or at least she will be one day."

Lyandra looked up at the man once he finished speaking. How did he know what she was? No one was able to just feel a witch's magic unless they to were a witch, and as far as Lyandra could tell he was a vampire along with his sister.

"Don't touch me" Lyandra said causing magical force field to go up around her when either vampire stepped closer to her.

"Calm down, little one" the woman said. " My brother and I only want to help" the woman took a step towards Lyandra and this time nothing happened.  "Good, now can you tell us your name."

"My brother says not give me name to stangers" Lyandra said

"Well then darling" the man said kneeling in front of her. "I'm Kol Mikaelson and this is my dear sister, Rebekah."

"Lyandra" the four year old redhead said. "Lyandra MacLeod."

"Well Lyandra" Kol said "how about Rebekah and I get you out of here and see if our older brothers have taken care of the rest of your captures."

Lyandra took the hand Kol offered her and allowed the vampire to pull her to her feet as Rebekah lead them out of the dungeon to their brothers. After explain to Elijah and Klaus what had happened in the dungeon, a descion was made to keep Lyandra around and Rebekah took the girl to find a change of clothes.

"It sounds like you handle the situation well brother" Elijah told Kol as the younger Mikaelson brother watched his sister take the little witch away.

"Well I was once child prodigy myself" Kol said. "Plus the child will be powerful, maybe more so then mother. Do you honestly think it would be wise to let that kind of power out of our sight?"