Chapter 25: 2010

Klaus watched Lya closely as she bounced the seven month old baby on her hip. Since the end of the apocalypse she'd been traveling with Klaus and Stefan and yet the hybrid still wasn't use to her being a mother.

"I suggest staying back" Klaus said "Rebekah is going to be angry."

"Of course she's going to be angry" Lya said "she's been in a coffin for ninety years"

As it was predicted, Rebekah drove dagger into Klaus' heart.

"I deserved that" Klaus said but Rebekah's attention had already gone to Stefan. Klaus vamp speeded over to the ripper and compelled him to remember.

"Well now I feel left out" Lya said switching which hip Maren was on as Rebekah looked at her.

"Lya why are you holding a baby" Rebekah asked cooing over the little girl.

"Because she my daughter" Lya said taking Maren's little hand and waving it at Rebekah. "Can you say hi to your Auntie Bex?"

"I i i" the little girl repeated few times before turning her face into your shoulder.

"Okay first of I love Auntie Bex" Rebekah said "but since when do have a half vampire daughter."

"Long story" Lya said "let's just say I have a new hatred from Christmas though."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
"Lya get in here" Rebekah shouted as Maren began to try and stand. Lya run into the room just in time to see her nine month old daughter take five steps before falling on butt.

"Good job, Mare" Lya said picking the child up and spinning her around. "Soon Aunt Bex, Uncle Damon, Uncle Stefan, and I will have to chase you done at vamp speed."

"Yay" Maren giggled as Lya put her back on the ground to play.

"Can you keep an eye on her while I can Dean?" Lya asked Rebekah.

"Sure thing Little One" Rebekah said

"Ugh Bekah" Lya groaned "I'm a mother now. You should pass that nickname on to Maren."

"No" Rebekah said "You are always going to by my Little One. Plus Maren's already my Sweetness."

Lya rolled her eyes and left the room to call Dean. She need to update him on Maren's first steps so he knew what was going on with the last piece of Sam he had.

Little did Lya know everything was about to change for her little family.