Chapter Eight: She Goes Left and You Stay Right

I turned around and saw that Libitina's face had a sheer look of terror.

Yaking was right outside my door, and the most important and respected individual in this camp, was in my bedroom when she shouldn't be.

"Hide!" I whisper yelled.

Libitina looked around the room in a hurry, not knowing where to hide. Libitina jumped into my bed and hid under the covers.

Yalung knocked onto my door harder and I walked towards it. I creaked the door open slowly to see an angered look on his face.

"H-Hi, how are you?" I said.

"Good, I was wondering how your stay here was." He said.

He pushed the door open a little more but I stopped it with my foot. He seemed a little annoyed at that.

"It was good...good." I said.

Yalung squinted his eyes at me.

"Are you alright, Foster?" He asked suspiciously.

"Me? Pffff, I'm fine." I said.

"Hmph, well I have something I want you to do tomorrow." Yalung said.

"What's that, sir?" I asked.

"I want you to take Libitina out into the woods. Show her around. We've done some...tests tonight." He whispered.

"Tests?"

"Yes. She erm..."

Yalung leaned in real close to my ear.

"She opened her third eye."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. Are you willing to do this task?"

"Yes sir."

"Good."

Yalung placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Also, it's good to see that you're enjoying the female company around here. Just be gentle." He said.

He smirked as he closed the door. I locked the door again and leaned my back against it.

"Phew...he thought that Libitina was just some random girl." I said to myself.

I made sure that Yalung had left and soon enough, he was out of the building.

"That was too close, right Libitina?" I said.

I looked over at my bed and looked at Libitina. She was completely underneath the blanket.

"Libitina?"

I walked over to the bed and pulled the blankets off of it. Underneath the covers, was a sound asleep Libitina. She was laying on my pillow as she seemed peaceful in my bed.

"Libitina?" I said softly.

She didn't move, she was sound asleep.

I didn't want to sleep on the floor, as only God knows what's been know there.

"Libitina..." I said one last time.

Well...shit...

I slowly started getting into bed with libitina and it seemed that she smiled in her sleep when I did so.

I layed down next to her, our faces just inches apart from each other as the bed was made for just one person.

I was lying on my side right on the edge of the bed. I blew out the candle on my night stand, leaving me and Libitina in the dark.

I felt her grab me and pull me towards her. She wrapped her arms around me and placed her head below my chin.

She was shivering, but she soon stopped. Her breaths got slower and she seemed calm.

I guess she was having a nightmare. This is gonna be hard to explain in the morning.

Unless...she...likes me...?

I slowly closed my eyes and soon dozed off. I felt the breeze past my ear and I appeared on the stone path.

"Libitina first. Preserve her soul." The wind said.

I stayed next to the fox as we walked down the stone path and up the mountain. I looked down at the blood pool that surrounded the path and looked at my reflexion.

It looked different as my body was covered in tribal paints. They looked like tigers and elephants.

My third eye tattoo was gone off of my arm in this dream world.

I looked off into the distance and saw a burning forest. The fox stuck its head low and observed it.

"That's a big blaze." I said.

The fox ran off into the forest at full speed.

"Hey!" I called out.

"You must help the fox to fully gain it's trust." The wind told me.

I pulled out the knife I had from before and ran after the fox. I followed the golden foot prints it had and ran up a hill.

"Where are you?" I called out.

I looked down at the ground below me and saw I was standing on a cliff. Below me, I saw the fox biting the arm of a large muscular demon.

The demon threw the fox and began to breathe fire into the trees. He started the fire.

"Help the fox." The wind said.

I was filled but hesitation but then turned into determination. I jumped off the cliff with the knife in both of my hands and went towards the ground on top of the demon.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" I yelled.

I landed on top of the demon, my blade piercing it's skull. The demon jerked back and landed on the ground.

I blacked out for about 30 seconds but woke up to seeing the fox licking my face.

"Ugh gross!" I said.

I got up and saw that the demon was dead. I took my knife back and me and the fox continued our journey.

"You. Are. Worthy." The wind said.

With that, a white vision came over my eyes, blinding me into a now black vision. I woke up in a dim room and my head kind hurt.

"Ugh, what happened?" I said.

I saw something else in my bed a I sat up in a panic. I looked at the thing that was laying next to me.

Slowly and sluggishly, I saw a familiar white haired girl look at me. Her hair was messed up with strands sticking up in the air and her yellow eyes were squinted.

"G-Good morning...Harmon..." She said.

"Um...good morning...Did we...um..."

"Do what?"

"N-nevermind."

If she doesn't know what I'm talking about, then she answered my question.

Libitina got up and stretched her arms into the air. She let out a high pitched yawn and turned to me.

She grabbed my hand and jerked me out of bed.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked.

"Let's go take a shower!"

-----------------------------------------------------------