Chapter Nine: Between The Lines Of Fear and Blame

"L-Libitina, you understand that it's weird for a boy and girl to shower together." I said as Libitina dragged me by my arm into the shower that was in my cabin.

"So? I know you and you know me. It's fine, I don't mind."

Libitina opened up the door to the showers and she went it. She took her clothes off and grabbed a towel. She wrapped it around herself and sat down on one of the stools. She began gleefully showering herself.

I submitted to Libitina and started to take off my clothes. I tied another towel around  my waist and grabbed my clothes. I set them on a nearby table and sat down two stools away from Libitina.

I started to wash myself and I noticed Libitina would sneak looks at me. I tried to not look at her, considering the situation we were in.

I knelt my head down and rinsed my hair. When I lifted my head, I looked to my right to see Libitina disappeared.

I saw a hand come from behind me and turn on the cold water. Freezing water came out of the faucet and onto me.

"G-Ah!" I yelled in surprise.

I jerked up to my feet in surprise and looked behind me. Before me, I saw a giggling Libitina trying to hide her smile with her hand.

"Hehe got you!" She cheered.

"Not funny." I said.

Me and Libitina sat back down and finished our showers, however Libitina moves two stools over to sit next to me.

Of course she made me wash her back and she did the same for me. Me and her soon finished our shower and it was time to leave.

I wore my designated black uniform, along with a grey hat. Libitina wore a grey dress. Around the uniform was a dark blue ribbon that surrounded her neck.

"You look cute, Libitina." I said as we walked out into the court yard.

"Th-Thank you." She said. "You too." She mumbled.

I held my hand out to her and she took it. We held hands as we walked out into the hospital.

I wanted to check up with Yalung and make sure that Libitina doesn't need any injections...even though I hope she doesn't.

As we walked down the hallway to medical wing B, and into wing A, we saw a group of people wearing hazmat suits carrying someone out in a body bag.

The room that they walked out of was the one the...woman was in. I took off my hat as we walked past the room, and said nothing.

We eventually made it to Yalungs office and I walked in.

"Morning sir." I said.

"Morning. Have you seen Libitina?" He asked.

"Why?"

"She didn't show up for breakfast this morning."

"Oh...she probably slept in. She's right here though." I said.

I opened up the door wider for Yalung to see Libitina. She was hiding behind me, but she was still in sight.

"Hm, alright. Remember what I asked you last night?" He asked.

"Yes sir." I said.

"The personnel should let you out with no problem. Be back before 6:00, alright?"

"Yes sir."

Yalung had an evil smirk on his face as I closed the door. Why was he asking me to take Libitina out?

Me and Libitina held hands as we walked back through the medical wing.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"It's a surprise."

"You aren't...taking me somewhere bad...are you?" She asked.

"Heavens no." I said.

"H-Heaven?" She asked.

Me and Libitina walked towards the gate, and two men wearing black uniforms like me opened the gates.

"We're...we're leaving...?" Libitina asked.

"Just for a little while. You don't mind, do you?" I asked.

"N-No! Not at all!" She said gleefully.

Me and Libitina walked out of camp Sabal and walked around the path that weant through the woods.

"Hey, Harmon." Libitina said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What was it that you said before?"

"Hm?"

"About the heavens?"

"Oh you mean 'heavens no.' That's like saying no with enhancement."

"Oh...alright."

I noticed something was on Libitina's mind. I gripped her hand a little tighter.

"Why do you ask?" I said.

"I...I had a friend from there. The heavens I mean."

"Are you serious?"

"I would only see her in my dreams. She would appear when I was scared and confused. She would tell me everything would be okay."

Libitina saw an angel in her dreams? With everything that has happened...that wouldn't surprise me.

"What did she look like?"

"She had golden hair with golden eyes. She had a pair of big white fluffy wings that came from her back."

That sounded like the description of the woman that I saw in my dream. Maybe Libitina knew about them?

"Hey Lib-."

Libitina suddenly started running forward into the the forest.

"Libitina!" I yelled.

Libitina kept running out towards the forest.

"This girl..." I said exhausted.

I ran after Libitina in the direction that she went. I ran through the trees and felt a sharp pain on my hand.

I came to a lake and saw a uniform on the ground. A panic came over me when I realized it was Libitina's.

"Libitina?!" I yelled.

I heard a splash come from the center of the lake as I saw Libitina breach out of the water, her white hair flying elegantly through the air with her as the water dripped off of her.

She slowly looked at me and smirked. She weant back under the water and I saw a shadow slowly move towards me.

Libitina breached the water again in front of me with such a swift movement, her face right in front of mine.

"Hello, my darling." She said.

+100 respect to anyone who gets that reference.

"Darling?" I asked.

I scanned Libitina up and down and noticed that she wasn't wearing any clothes at all.

Libitina was standing before me, wearing absolutely nothing.

"WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE CLOTHES?!"

"Hehe."

-----------------------------------------------------------