Chapter Ten: You Begin To Wonder Why You Came

"It's hard to swim in clothes..." Libitina said while she stood before me, disrobed.

"Libitina I..."

"I come here on my birthday to come swim. It feels...nice."

I tried to get words in but Libitina's stare entranced me.

"Will you enjoy this time with me?" She asked innocently.

"Libitina..."

"Pleeeeeeease?"

Libitina's question played over and over in my head. This was the only time that she could enjoy her life with someone...and she wants to enjoy it with me.

"Alright." I said while I chuckled a little.

"Yay!" She cheered.

I slowly took off my clothes and Libitina waited patiently. She grabbed my hand and looked over at me.

"Let's jump in together, yeah?" She said.

"Yeah." I said, trying to hide my embarrassment of what situation we currently were in.

"Alright...one...two...three!"

Me and Libitina started running towards the lake at full speed. We both held hands as we jumped into the lake.

I closed my eyes as I went under the water. I swam towards the surface and took a deep breath.

I looked around to see Libitina was nowhere in sight.

"Libitina?"

I heard her signature mischivious giggle behind me. I turned around to face her just to see a wave of water covering my eyes.

"No fair!" I said.

I whiped the water off of my face and Libitina disappeared. I looked around to see she was on the other side of the lake.

"How the hell does she move so fast?" I said to myself.

I swam towards Libitina under the water just to see her swimming under me. She smirked up at me as she swam past me.

I raised my head above the water to see she disappeared yet again. I felt something grab my back and squeeze me.

"Hehe got you..." Libitina whispered as she hugged me from the back.

I smirked as she stayed there, hearing her soft breaths in my ear. She pressed her body against mine, and I felt a soft sensation against my back.

I started to move before Libitina fell asleep on my back. Me and her swam back to the shore and we started to put our clothes back on.

I put on my black uniform and Libitina, her grey dress. As I picked up my jacket, a notebook fell out and hit the ground.

Libitina saw the notebook and walked over to it. She picked it up and looked at it.

"What...what is this?" She asked.

I turned to Libitina to see she was holding my field reports. Y'know, the ones that held classified information and could possibly blow my cover.

"N-Nothing!" I said as I took it back.

"They looked like weird drawings..." She said.

"What?" I said.

I looked at my notebook and my hand writing wasn't that bad. I looked back at Libitina who looked genuinely confused.

I flipped the page and wrote a sentence on it. I wrote "Your name is Libitina." On it.

I turned the notebook to Libitina and she looked at it.

"Can you read this?" I asked.

Libitina looked shy and embarrassed. She looked down at the ground.

"I...was never taught to read...or write..." She said.

"Wait...so how were you recording information in your journal?"

"Those are just drawings and my own medical reports. They didn't want to teach me to read that way I wouldn't understand what was going on."

A sudden guilt came over me. I walked over to a tree and leaned my back against it. I sat down with my back against it and called for Libitina.

"Come here." I said.

Libitina slowly came over to me and sat down next to me, our shoulders touching each other.

"I'm gonna teach you how to read and write." I said.

"Really?!" She asked.

"Yeah, anything." I said.

Me and Libitina sat there for a couple hours as I taught her how to read. I took sentences from a story that I read a while back.

It was called "The Pain In My Heart" that was by a french guy. However it turns out that french guy was a green eyed computer waifu or something.

"M-M-My n-name is....L-L-Libitina." She said.

"You got it." I said cheerfully.

"That's me!" She said.

"I know."

I smiled sweetly at Libitina and she took my notebook. She took my pen and started to write her own sentence.

"Your name is Harmon..." It read.

"Did I do it right?" She asked.

"Perfect." I said.

I giggled and took the notebook back. I wrote my sentence and showed the notebook to Libitina.

"Y-You're...You're cute!" She read out loud.

Libitina realized what I wrote and started to blush a little bit. She giggled a little bit as she took the notebook.

She slowly wrote something, making sure not to mess up.

I took the notebook and she looked away as I read it.

"You're my hero..." It read.

I chuckled a little bit and Libitina started to hug my arm. She looked down at the ground as if she was thinking about something.

I took the notebook and wrote my last sentence. I smirked as I handed it to Libitina.

"Kiss me." It read.

Libitina's face turned bright red as she faced me. She looked almost as if she was about to faint.

She took my surprise when she closed her eyes and moved her face towards mine. I closed my eyes and leaned my head in.

It felt electrical the moment our lips touched. It was like being blessed by thousands of angels. Her lips were soft and warm.

Libitina placed her hands on my face but they slowly slipped off. She pulled away and grabbed the notebook. She started to write on it, for the last time.

She handed me the notebook when she was finished and stared at me as I held it in front of me.

I read what she wrote, and then looked back up at her.

On the notebook, she wrote...

"I love you."

-----------------------------------------------------------