Chapter Eleven: Where Did I Go Wrong?

I looked back up at Libitina, her gaze fixed on me and nothing else. My heart beat was through the roof at the words she wrote on the paper.

"Libitina I..."

Libitina seemed to he holding her breath. I calmed down and a smile stretched across my face.

Time to tell the truth.

"I love you too, Libitina." I said.

Libitina joined me in a smile while a tear came out of her left eye. She lunged at me and wrapped her arms around me.

She squeezed me tightly in a hug while I let out a giggle. Libitina let go of me and looked at me.

I patted her head and she smiled gleefully.

"Hehe." She giggled.

I took my hand off her head and she looked at me annoyed.

"Keep doing that." She said.

She grabbed my wrist and placed it back on her head.

"J-Just so you know. Some girls don't like their heads patted..." Libitina said as she fumbled with her words.

"B-But I don't mind it...just um... don't do it to anyone else, okay? Just me. I'm the only one that will enjoy your head pats."

"Haha okay, Libitina." I said.

I took my hand off of Libitina's head again and she was disappointed. She looked over at my other hand and looked slightly alarmed.

"Harmon?" She said.

"Yeah?"

"Did...did you hurt yourself?" She asked.

I looked down at my other hand and saw that I was bleeding heavily from the palm of my hand.

I guess I cut it on a tree while I was chasing Libitina to the lake.

"I guess I did. I'll be alright." I said.

"Harmon..."

Libitina took my hand and looked closely at it. There was a slight incision that went across the palm.

"Libitina I..."

I jerked when Libitina started licking the palm of my hand. I was slightly alarmed.

"L-Libitina!"

Libitina looked up at me innocently.

"Animals lick their wounds to make sure they don't get infected..." She said.

Libitina took the ribbon off of her neck and wrapped it around my hand. The bleeding eventually stopped.

However that situation was weird...my hand did actually feel better.

"Thank you, Libitina..." I said.

"D-Don't mention it."

I looked at my watch to see it was about 5:30. We needed to be back by 6:00.

"It's almost time to go back." I said.

I stood up and helped Libitina up. She grabbed my hand and we began to walk back to the camp.

Me and Libitina swayed our hands back and forth as we walked down the path.

She took my by surprise when she asked me a question.

"Harmon?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you come here?"

"Um..."