Chapter Thirteen: Somewhere Along In The Bitterness

"It's time." Yalung said.

Libitina looked back at me disappointed and got up. I sat up in bed and looked at Yalung.

"To duel?" I asked.

"No, Harmon...I have to go leave for some tests." Libitina said.

"Oh..." I said.

I've seen the horrors of Libitina trying to open her third eye. They inject her with god knows what and put her through agony.

"Can he come with me?" Libitina said to Yalung.

"No, Libitina." Yalung said.

"You want me to open my third eye, right? This is the only way." She said.

Yalung was taken by Libitina's words. He looked over at me, then back at Libitina, then back at me again.

"Fine, let's go." He said.

I ripped the IVs out of my arm and my heart monitor flat lined.

I don't know why Libitina wanted me to watch her open her third eye. Maybe she would seem more calm or...maybe...

"Let's go, Foster." Yalung said.

Me, Libitina, and Yalung walked down the hospital hallway and out of wing A, to wing C.

We walked down the dimly lit hallways to see that it was almost night time.

We walked into a hospital room to see the sick doctor waiting in there. He smirked at me and Libitina as we walked into the room.

"What's the boy doing here?" The doctor asked.

"Doctor Rawls, this is Harmon Foster. He's an Oracle sent from Yankraught himself." Yalung said.

The doctor walked towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder. I almost wanted to sock him for even touching me.

"Yes... we've met before." He said.

Luckily for him, he took his hand off of my shoulder. I noticed that his other hand was in a cast.

Libitina took a seat on the table and the doctor prepared some syringes for her.

He took one syringe and prepared it.

"Are all of these shots necessary?" I asked.

"Absolutely." The doctor said sternly.

I walked over to Libitina and she took my hand. She squeezed me lightly as the doctor gave her the first shot.

She flinched but soon calmed down when she looked into my eyes.

"It...hurts..." Libitina said softly.

"I know...I'm sorry..."

It was for my safety, and better yet Libitina's safety that we played along. We need to escape from here.

I hugged Libitina and nodded at the doctor. He gave Libitina another shot, however he did it more gently than he did the night that I saw him.

It was almost like he was more gentle because I was there.

Libitina hugged my back hard as she dealt with the pain that was in her arm.

"I love you, Libitina." I whispered in her ear. Her breaths calmed down as the pain soon went away. She got her hands off of my back while the doctor prepared the last syringe.

"This should be promising." The doctor said in an evil voice. I saw him pull the hammer back on a gun that was under his over coat.

The doctor jabbed the syringe into Libitina's thigh and she just sat there staring at the ground.