College, Friends, Parties, and... Boyfriends? Chapter 8

Have any questions? write on my wall, private message me, or email me at: Awesomess_Alexis_Rene@Hotmail.com

-alexis rene

__________________________~*~_____________________________________~*~

Chapter 8

Emilee's p.o.v

I looked at the brick red door in front of me. How could I show my face here anymore? How? Even after they told me they never wanted to see me again, and to stay out of their lives?

I swallowed deeply, took a big gulp of air, held it in, and rang the doorbell. I waited for about 30 seconds, then the door opened, showing a happy old woman. Then she looked at me. Her face became hard, and her eyes narrowed. "Who are you?" She tried to play it off as if she didn't know me.

"Grandma... You know who I am... Don't try to pretend that you don't, because I know, I KNOW, that you do."

She turned her head away. "I'm not your grandma. Don't call me that."

"Yes you are. You will always be my grandma."

"No. My son only had one sweet little boy. And then he died, along with my son."

Ouch... That one hurt. "Well, you could at least call my mother from time to time." I snapped.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "It was her fault my son died!" I scoffed and my lips shut tightly.

"No. If it was anyone's fault besides my fathers, it was mine. If I hadn't let Jamie throw the ball one more time, Jamie wouldn't have died. Then my dad would have never killed himself. So there, it was all my fault. ALL mine. So don't blame my mother." She didn't say anything. "You could at least pretend that you love me." I growled.

"Emilee, you /stole/ from us. You stole $300,000 from your grandpa's safe. For drug money. I don't even know how you unlocked the code." She shook her head and prepared to close the door. I put my foot between the door and the door frame.

"I was going through a hard time then... With my fathers death and all that. The drugs helped get my mind off of things... And I was, well, still am I think, a good lock picker. I could be a pro."

"Do not blame my son for the problem you had. Blame that- that stupid boy, Dayton. And yeah, real good thing to be proud of."

My fists clenched as she called Dayton stupid. "Do. Not. EVER. Call. Dayton. Stupid. It was not his fault. Nothing was. Yeah, he took me to some parties, but I made him take me. I made him buy me alchohal. Don't blame him. You didn't even know him."

"Didn't?" She laughed. "Did he die? From heroin? Or other drugs?" She laughed her shrill laugh again. If she wasn't my grandma, I would have beat the shit out of her a long time ago.

"No. He was driving back home, and a deer ran in front of his car. His car flipped six times, and is head was cut off from the windsheild. His body was burnt when the found him." There was a shocked expression on my grandmothers face. "Yeah, and at the funeral, the casket fell over and his head fell into my lap. After that, just- It was horrible." Only Trayton, Dayton's mom and I knew about the fact that Dayton had been a ghost, and I wanted to keep it that way.

"I'm sorry..." She said softly, and my grandpa appeared behind her, only looking at her.

"Who is it, Gertrude?" He asked, and my grandma just pointed at me, then let her arm flop back down by her waist. My grandpa's eyes started at my shoes, then glided up my body to my face. When he saw my face, his eyees widened and a tear came out of his eye. "Emilee?" He whispered, and I nodded. "Oh, Emilee..." He shook his head, and turned away from the door, sobbing.