Chapter 7

Twitter was booming with stories of you and Niall. After Niall’s “Maybe” tweet, girls had been going crazy, retweeting pictures of you two and fabricating their own stories of how you met. You wanted so badly to just go on Ally’s twitter and explain the whole story, but you knew you couldn’t. You couldn’t claim Niall, not yet anyways. No names had been given out, although a few people from your town recognized you and were going crazy. You were like a mini celebrity.  Niall and you texted 24/7, anytime he wasn’t in concert, and even when he was waiting backstage. Sometimes when he was backstage doing his costume change, he would send you a quick “xx” just to let you know that he’s thinking of you. You couldn’t imagine anything better. Other than being with him of course. You had to tell your parents everything, and they seemed to approve. They already knew everything about him, from you talking about One Direction all the time, but they still found it hard to believe that their daughter was dating the Niall Horan. Most of your friends were extremely jealous and trying to get you to hook them up, but you tried your hardest to keep it on the down low and explain you couldn’t just do that. You didn’t mention to anyone that you were going to meet them again in two weeks.

Over those two weeks, you came to know Niall so much better. He told you a lot of his secrets, and opened up about how hard it was sometimes when girls wanted pictures with everyone but him. He said he knew that he had millions of fans that loved him, but it just took one fan to really make him feel bad about himself. You told him about your parent’s divorce, and how its affected you, and how just One Direction has changed your life. Some days, you would wake up and think that its all a dream again, and then you would pick up your phone and see a “goodnight, love xx” text from Niall, and reread your conversation, and know that it really was real. You knew that while you weren’t “in love” with Niall, but as a person, you definitely have come to love who he is. You and Ally had been spending more time than ever together, planning what to do when these torturous two weeks were over.