Chapter 19

You woke up hours later and didn’t know where you were. As your eyes adjusted, you realized you were in your living room, still naked, door still open. You got up to close it, and put your robe back on. Walking to your wall, you picked up your phone. There were a few scratches and a dent, but it survived. You unlocked the screen, expecting to see a missed call or a text from Niall.

Nothing.

You couldn’t believe it, looking at the time, it was 11:30. You had slept for 6 hours, and Niall still hadn’t gotten back to you.  You called again.

Voicemail.

Hopping on the computer, you logged on to twitter. Pictures of Niall and Zayn from tonight bar-hopping. Niall was out partying. He had probably seen your call and ignored it. Your eyes started welling up with tears, and you gasped as they were pouring down your face. You picked up your phone one more time, and called Niall.

You left him a voicemail.

“It’s been great getting to know you, but I can’t do this anymore. I was better off just loving you from behind my computer screen. Directioners don’t understand that while you think dating one of the boys is great, its awful. I hope you’re having a nice time partying, because I just had the worst night of my life. I needed you Niall, and I need you now” You paused as you sobbed again. “I need you and you’re not here. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t be with someone whos never going to be here. I need someone here… to protect me.”

You hung up. You ran to your bed, and cried yourself to sleep, waking up every once in a while from nightmares about what happened between you and Mark.