Chapter 4: Happiness at Last

AN: Flashbacks written in italics. Thank you for reading. Please comment I would love to know what you think!

As soon as I left Olivia, I went straight upstairs to get ready. I needed to look perfect. I wanted to look sexy, but not to sexy, or someone might get suspicious. My goal is to get Olivia to want me as much as I want her. I don’t think I have ever been so excited for anything in my life. She is such a stunning woman, and I cannot believe that she is actually interested in me. My whole life only bad things have happened and now finally something good was about to. When I was little my parents did not really love me. They never cared about how I felt. My parents only had me to make them look good. I was just an object like a new car, something they could show off.  They got rid of me the first chance they got. When I was younger they sent me away to boarding school. As soon as I came back they married me off to Fitz. Fitz and I learned to love each other for a while. We started off happy, but that all changed. After what Big Jerry did I did not think that I could be happy ever again. That night he stole a part of me.

________________________________________________________________________

THAT NIGHT

_________________________________________________________________________

I came into the house laughing from my wonderful night with the woman of my dreams. It was everything I thought it would be, only better. I closed the door to my room and leaned up against the wall. I smiled and bit my lip thinking about our night together. It was the best night of my life. I have never had so much fun before.

"Mellie?" I heard Fitz moan from our bed. "Oh sorry honey, I didn't mean to wake you." I say gleefully. I can not get over how wonderful my night was. My head is telling me to shut up and stop showing how happy I was. On the other hand my heart had so much joy it was going to explode.

"Sit down Melody," Olivia politely said with a grin. I eagerly obliged. She looked amazing. Her hair was done perfectly and it nicely matched her dress. I could stare at her for the rest of my life and never get bored. "Lets order some wine," Olivia stated. "That sounds wonderful," I agreed.

"Why were you out so late? What were you doing?" Fitz asked, he was very confused. "I was at a meeting with Olivia Pope. She was helping me learn how to pretend to like you," I snapped back at him. He does not have any right to question my where-a-bouts. He can't just all of a sudden care about me. What about that night? I needed him then and he didn't even notice anything happened. I was being brutally attacked and all he was doing was sleeping. When I came upstairs he did not care where I had been. He was not worried, he did not question me. What gives him the right to decide to start to care now?

I think Fitz was offended because after that he shut up and I didn't hear him the rest of the night.