Chapter 15

"Sorry," Fitz said as he took a step back.

He truly looked shocked by what he had done.

"Olivia, I am so sorry. I do not know what came over me. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to hurt anybody. I never thought I could do this. Oh my gosh. Did I hurt you Mellie?" Fitz asked.

He looked truly shocked. I did not know what to say.

"Mellie, I never meant to hurt you," he said as he fell to his knees.

Fitz grabbed my hand as he knelled down by my bed. He started to sob into my blankets. I had no idea what was happening. I just looked over at Olivia. She looked just as confused as I did. 

"You were the one who beat me up? YOU? YOU PUT ME INTO THIS HOSPITAL BED!" I yelled at Fitz.

I was so angry, I yelled as loud as I could. It was not very loud but I had enough strength to say it. I felt the first tear roll down my cheek. There were many more to come. 

"I don't know. I don't remember. I wish I could. Honey, I do not know what has gotten into me. I did not mean to hurt Olivia. I did not mean to. You have to believe me," Fitz said. 

He sounded sincere. I want to believe him, but I can't.

"Wait, why is Olivia here anyway?" he asked. 

Fitz sounded genuinely confused. Does he really not remember? How would that even be possible? Before I had time to answer him the hospital security guards came running in and pulled Fitz away. Soon he became the least of my worries. Suddenly Olivia fell onto the floor. Some doctors and nurses came to get her on a gurney.  

They were talking to her but she was not responding. 

"OLIVIA?" I screamed. The tears were now flowing non-stop. 

My mind was racing. Why was she not answering?

"IS SHE OKAY? YOU HAVE TO TELL ME IF SHE IS OKAY?" I yelled. 

Still no one would answer me. Olivia was in the hall way now but the door was open. I could still hear and see everything that was happening. 

"SHE'S CRASHING!" one of the doctors yelled. 

Oh my god! NO! They have to save her they have to! 

"Please. I love her. I am in love with her," I whispered. 

"SHOCK AGAIN!" I hear the doctor scream. 

"She is not responding," another said. 

"NOO! NO! YOU CAN'T GIVE UP THAT EASY! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER!" I screamed. 

"I am so sorry mam'am. There is nothing else we can do," the nurse told me. 

"THERE HAS TO BE! YOU CAN NOT GIVE UP ON HER! I WILL NOT LET YOU GIVE UP ON HER! I CANNOT GIVE UP ON HER! SHE NEVER GAVE UP ON ME!" I explained as I was taken over by tears.