▬ extended summary

OF FIRE & BLOOD
─── true courage is knowing not how to take a life, but when to spare one

─────────

─────────

SHE REFUSED TO
LET IT BREAK HER.
SHE FACED TRAGEDY,
SHE FELT PAIN
AND IT ONLY MADE
HER STRONGER.

─────────

─────────

There had been a time in the history of Middle Earth when the Lonely Mountain stood as not only a monument to what the Dwarves could accomplish but one of few examples of what true peace and trust between species could look like. Since the Dragonkin had come into existence in Middle Earth, they'd lived alongside the Dwarves of Erebor. Dragonkin and Dwarf people did not see the other species as a threat or as someone to be wary of, but as family, the same as the Dragonkin who lived in the Shire and the Hobbits that had made that land their homes for a long time. And it was because of this that it was not just the Dwarves that were affected by the dragon Smaug's takeover of The Lonely Mountain. As both species were forced out of their home, both would face consequences. And in the years that followed, the Dragonkin suffered greatly, their numbers dwindling until only one was left in the entirety of Middle Earth.

Aninth is the last of the Dragonkin, the last in all of Middle Earth to carry the magic that made her people and allowed them to bond with the Pygmy Dragons. With the dragon that she had been bonded to most of her life, Ryvniss, they must find their way through the world, trying to survive so that the legacy of their peoples don't disappear forever. When word reached them that a quest was being put together to reclaim Erebor, there was no other choice but to join up. After all, her people had once lived alongside the Dwarves in the mountain and though she would make no claim over the gold that dwelled inside, she had every right to the hospitality of the mountain. A home was all that she wanted in the world.