11. Bandages and Histories

11.
Bandages and Histories

Aninth held a steady expression as Lord Elrond worked on the wound in her side

Aninth held a steady expression as Lord Elrond worked on the wound in her side. It wasn't as bad as she had expected, merely the grazing wound of an arrow just barely not missing its target. Since her wound was simply Ryvniss' but amplified on her body, the wound did appear larger on her, hence the large amount of blood. It was lucky that Elrond knew how to work on this kind of wound because it didn't take him long to staunch the bleeding and bandage the wound on both Aninth and Ryvniss.

"Thank you," Aninth said as he finished securing the bandage. "I am grateful we were able to get here. I am unsure of what I would of done if we hadn't."

"Gandalf or his daughter surely could have done something for you," Elrond said, "though perhaps you are lucky to have made it here."

"Thorin Oakenshield will be my doom, I am sure," she sighed, carefully lifting her Dragon to her shoulder.

"Be careful of your wound," Elrond said, "if you strain it too much, you may reopen the wound."

"Yes, of course," she agreed, "I will be sure Ryvniss is careful as well."

Elrond gave her a smile. "You look much like your father," he told her.

"Really?" Aninth asked, perking up.

"Yes, of course. And you have much of your father's heart. Though I sense that your mother's impulsive anger can overshadow that," he explained.

Aninth looked down, "Father didn't like to travel. Especially when he started to get sick... I spent more time with my mother."

"But make no mistake, you would be making them both proud. You would be making your entire species proud," he told her.

"Thank you, Lord Elrond," Aninth said, bowing her head in thanks.

The Elf stood to his feet and Aninth followed suit. He turned to the doorway and waved in someone. When Aninth turned to see who, she saw two Elvish girls, one with black hair, the other brown. Aninth turned a confused gaze back to Elrond, wondering what they were doing, and before she could ask, he answered her question.

"They will help you get cleaned up so that you can be careful of your wound," Elrond informed her, continuing before she could protest, "and Golwen here has offered to do your hair in the same fashion your aunt used to wear hers when here with your father."

"You knew I would protest," Aninth guessed, "and came prepared."

Elrond didn't answer her question. "When you are ready, we will be waiting just outside," he told her and gave her a smile as he bowed his head to her and departed from the room.