Five

I placed all the leftover food back onto the cart as well as the medications. He watched me as I was getting ready to leave, I felt the need to stay, but maybe that was just me. After I finished cleaning everything up, almost heading out the door I held my hand out- as he was still sitting on the ground- He stood up slowly himself and I shrugged. I then faced back to the cart near the door, almost opening the door and leaving until hearing a small creak. 

I faced behind me slowly seeing him sitting once again on his bed, starring at the ceiling as if I had never came into his room. I wondered why they kept him alone in this questionably large room, I wondered what he did here, I wondered if he ever talked, I wondered why, why he was here in the first place.

°
The water rose above my legs

Pressing against my chest

I let go

The water covered my body

Flooding over me

A soft cloth was wrapped around my body

He patted me dry

I laid on the water covered marble floor

"Who are you?"

"He called Just in time"

He was being rushed in a white bed.

"What's going on?"

"We're taking you and him"

"Where are you taking me to?"

"Somewhere safe"

"Why?"

"You can't be trusted alone"

°

I walked to the nurses break room after leaving the cart back where it belonged. I gathered my things, the sun had fell and night had arrived in a quick matter, and I rushed out of the break room. Walking past Dr.Gyeong's office I saw Dr. Jiyeon speaking with him. I walked back feeling bad for wanting to listen on their conversation.  I  stood by the door placing my ear onto it hearing my name a couple of times but not knowing why they had kept saying my name, until I heard my name being called behind me. 

I turned around almost quickly, seeing another nurse behind me. She pulled me away from the door walking me out and into the elevator instead. 

"What were you doing? If you had been seen you would have gotten in a lot of trouble!" 

"I heard my name." 

She sighed.

"They always talk about us, it's no big deal now." 

I stepped out of the elevator as it opened to the last floor. I waved good bye to her as she left through the main entrance. I stood in the hospitals front desk waiting for no reason. 

I walked out of the hospital doors entering the night and which coincidentally had a half moon and dark clouds surrounding them. I frowned as I reached into my pocket not having change for the bus. 

I walked instead. 

*

I walked starring at the tall buildings around me- buildings I had never seen- they were tall enough to reach the moon, maybe the stars if you tried, I kept walking forward feeling the breeze, feeling people brush past me, feeling the stars light. 

As I admired so much of the city I bumped into a women as her bag fell.  I picked up her bag apologizing and she, thanking me. She was older but was also young with long brown hair. 

"Do you know where the nearest hospital is?" she asked 

I pointed down the street giving her directions and she thanked me once again, mentioning she was going to visit her son from a hospital she knew was near by but did not know the name of. I let her walk off as I walked on my own back home.