Chapter FOUR

ROAMING THE HOUSE

SHE WAITED A FEW MORE seconds but still, nothing happened, so she slowly turned her head to look up at her Master looking down at her, she could still feel the tears rolling down her face. He reached down and grabbed her by her arm and lifted her up off her knees.
"Mindy, I'm sorry," he said to her while looking straight into her eyes. It was the first time he called her by her name. she didn't say another word, they just stood there looking at one other than out of nowhere she started crying again, uncontrollable, having all these emotions surface from the years of being hit, rape, striving and being left alone for years.

He pulled her into his chest and held her tight, "Sssshhh.... Just let it all out Mindy, it's all going to be okay now," he told her while he comforted her. She didn't understand why he was being so nice to her at this moment, it took her a while until she managed to calm herself down and stop the exhausting crying.

She raised her head so that she was able to look at him, into his eyes, and without thinking of what she was doing she lifted her right hand to his cheek and felt the warmth. Which she didn't expect at all since he was a vampire. He smiled lightly at him and that's when she gasped out realizing what she was doing and retrieved her hand from his cheek. "I-- I didn't mean to, Master. I'm-" but before she could finish speaking to him, he leaned down and gently kissed her on her lips.

To her surprise she kissed him back, then she felt his hands touching her arms and she felt safe, more protected than she has ever felt before in her life. He led her back to the bed, never breaking the kiss, and laid her down and he laid beside her. She couldn't help but think that she was lying with a vampire, her Master and even do he was that she felt warm inside, a feeling that she thought she lost when her mother died. He broke the kiss and she leaned more into him and closed her eyes.

She felt him gently brushed her hair behind her ear and softly said to her, "I'm sorry Mindy, I will never hurt you again while you are here with me, I promise."

She glances up at him and asked him, "Why?"

"We will talk about it tomorrow but for now you should get some rest, alright." She just nodded her head and led back into him as he pulled the covers over them both. The comfort of the warm bed weighed heavily on her eyes.

As she began to fall asleep, she mumbled to him, "Thank you, Master." After that she lost the world completely.

She slept the whole night without having any nightmares, it's been a long time since she slept the whole night without waking up screaming or crying. She stretched a little before she opened her eyes to the new day. She turned her head to notice her Master was sitting on the edge of the bed just watching over her.

"I'm sorry, Master. I must have overslept, is there anything I could do for you," she asked completely hesitantly. Unable to tell if last night really happened or if was it all just a dream.

"Mindy, you don't need to call me, Master anymore, just calls me by my name Richard," he told her with this amazing smile upon his lips; in which she has never seen him do before and she could heel in her heart the warmth it started to feel for him, she couldn't feel this way about him.

She started to feel herself blush, her cheeks turning a rose red and he noticed to the point that he raised an eyebrow and that's when she blushed even more.

He smiled at her and then told her, "If I let you look around the castle, you promise me that you will behave?"

She nodded her head, "yes."